12|ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ ᴘᴏsᴛ

logan's pov 🌸

As dawn broke, an irritating ringtone yanked me from slumber. Glancing at my phone, I saw Hailey's name flashing on the screen.

"Hey, did you see Caitlin's spam account post?" Hailey questioned, catching me half-awake. "No, what did she post?" I responded, puzzled.
As I got no reply, I sat up, focusing on the camera.
"Hailey, what's on her post?" I insisted. "I can't see, I blocked her," i admitted.

"She's got a new boo," she announced suddenly, leaving me furrowing my brow, puzzled as if she hadn't just called me the day before. "For real? How long's that been a thing?" I tried to keep it cool. "No clue, but her post's caption is 'not a secret, just private,' and it's a guy," she whispered the last part.

"A guy? But Paige said she was only into girls," I remarked, squinting at the screenshot Hailey sent me. "Well, looks like that's changed," I mused, shrugging to myself even though Hailey couldn't see.

"Oh, I totally forgot to mention, but she  called me from Gabbie's phone yesterday," I shared, eagerly awaiting Hailey's response.

"Wait, she called you and you didn't even tell me?" Hailey exclaimed in a hushed voice, mindful of her sleeping roommates. "why'd she call ?" she asked, clearly invested in the conversation.

"Yeah, she called to apologize and was like, 'Oh, sorry for going off on you, blah blah blah,' and 'I didn't mean to,' blah blah blah," I explained, i didn't pay much attention since I was half asleep. "I just hung up because I was too tired to listen."
Hailey's jaw dropped as she leaned closer to the camera. "No way you just hung up on her, Logan!" she laughed, vigorously shaking her head. Her laughter filled the screen, and she couldn't contain her amusement.

"Ha, what's making you laugh?" I could hear someone asking in the background. "omg, did my laughing wake you, Angel?" Hailey's voice carried a hint of concern. "nahh, I was already up when I heard the laughter," Angel's voice came through, followed by the sound of her getting comfy on Hailey's bed.
"Just talking to my best friend," Hailey said as she shifted the camera to include Angel. "hii!" I waved at her cheerfully.

"Hiii, I'm Angel," she greeted with a warm wave. "Nice to meet you, I'm Logan," I responded with my own wave. "Oh, I know who you are! Hailey has this super cute pic of you guys,on her wall" she said with a giggle, and my smile widened.
"aweee, Haileyyyy," I teased, the fondness clear in my voice

"Hahahahah so funny. So, when's your practice start?" she steered the conversation elsewhere. "No practice today, but I've got class at 11," I said, glancing at the clock. 9:46 am it flashed. "Guess I should hop in the shower, huh?" I mused aloud to Hailey, but Angel chimed in, "You live near campus or what?"

"Yeah, it's pretty close, but the traffic is a nightmare right by the school. I'm stuck there for ages," I explained, waiting for their take. "Might wanna start getting ready now, then," they said together, perfectly in sync.

"Ugh, fine, I'm up," I grumbled playfully, "I'll hit you up after my class, cool?" I said, shuffling towards the bathroom.
"Alright, love you, stay safe, and don't talk to strangers!" Hailey's laughter rang out. "Yeah, yeah, 'mom'," I laughed back, then waved goodbye to Angel before ending the call.

Right after I hung up, my thoughts drifted to Caitlin being with someone else, and it wasn't me.

WHOISFAYEPARKS

liked by notkkaronald , secretagentmarshall & 13 otherswhoisfayeparks- ready for class but is class ready for me?

whoisfayeparks- ready for class but is class ready for me?

angelreece has started following @loganparks !
thebayoubarbie has started following @whoisfayeparks !

after class, i did call hailey back as promised but she had to go because of practice so the conversation did end earlier than usual

she speaks

here's a little something i really wanted to post tn and have really bad writers block with this book so give me mercy 🙏🏻