16. Bullet Wounds ☦︎︎

Serenity took her time making her way up to the executive suite. She'd been hiding out in the elevator, stalling and buying herself some time. When the elevator stopped on the top floor again, she forced herself to get out this time instead of riding it all the way down and then back up because she was too nervous to get off.

The only reason she actually got out was because she knew Ira was watching her every move on the security cameras and wasting any more time would upset Trio. And even though she's stronger now, Serenity knows that Trio could still take her very easily. It's better not to upset her.

When she got close to the suite, Serenity turned the corner to see a tall, very burly man posted outside of the door.

"I'm here to see Secretary Bishop," she approached him, making sure to flash him the room key he'd given her. "He gave me this."

"You're the woman from the bar?"

"Yes sir," she nodded her head.

"Stand shoulder width apart and hold your arms out next to you."

Serenity did as she was told. The man quickly, and not very thoroughly, frisked her. Afterwards, the man stepped to the side, allowing her to let herself in because Bishop had been awaiting her arrival.

"Whoa," one of Bishop's secret service members forcefully grabbed her the second one of her heels passed the threshold. He took her clutch, handing it to another man in the room. He opened it and searched it, but she didn't have much in there.

"Secretary Bishop invited me up here," she told him, wishing the first man would loosen the very tight grip he still had on her arm.

"I need to do a thorough search to make sure you don't have anything on your person."

"Search her for what?" Bishop walked out of the bedroom at the exact moment. He still had his suit on, but his jacket was off and the few top buttons of his shirt were undone. "Her dress is practically see-through, what could she possibly be hiding under there?"

"Secretary," the man started.

"She's fine," he motioned for her to come back with him.

Serenity pulled her arm away from the man who hesitated to let her go.

"Thank you," she whispered as she passed Bishop. She walked into the room and he closed and locked the door behind them.

"I poured you a glass of wine," he picked up a glass that was next to a bottle sitting on ice atop the dresser. "I hope you like Pinot Blanc."

"I told you I don't drink," she refused the glass. And this time she would do her best to stand her ground for not one, but three reasons.

1. She already shouldn't be drinking, but had already done that.
2. She didn't see him pour the drink herself, meaning he could have put something in it.
3. He wasn't drinking with her for some reason, which seemed a little odd to her.

"You claim you don't drink, but you drank downstairs?"

"I was being nice."

"Then why stop now?" He grabbed the back of her hair, forcing her head back, and brought the glass to her lips. "I like nice, good girls who do what they're told."

"Secretary-"

"Open your mouth, Serenity," he whispered.

"I told you that I don't-" but he moved his hand to her throat before she even had the chance to finish her sentence, threatening to choke her.