Chapter 2: Free

Dabio trudged forward. He had only been walking for about an hour, but it felt like an eternity. Each step he took was a struggle. His feet were aching, and his arms were sore from carrying his belongings.

Despite having a lot of stamina from working for Donita, he felt exhausted, both emotionally and physically - most likely from all the crying he had been doing.

Through the pain, Dabio reminded himself why he was even doing this. He was determined to keep going. The prospect of reaching the city was the only thing keeping him moving forward. Seeing the twinkling city lights on the horizon gave him a sudden burst of hope and energy that he needed.

He was nearing the city, which meant he was getting farther away from Donita's clutches and closer to freedom. Dabio took a deep breath, adjusted his bag, and continued on his journey.

Time: 5:00 am

Location: City

Day: Friday

As Dabio arrived in the city, he was overcome with a sense of relief. The sight of concrete buildings and streets filled him with an unusual sense of joy.

The city was relatively quiet at this time of day. There were a few cars here and there and a few people jogging. Most people were probably still sleeping or just now getting ready for work. The sun was just barely coming up so it was a bit dark as well. Dabio made his way to a nearby park, where he found an oddly-shaped bench to rest on. He was careful not to damage his new Shein skinny jeans. As he sat there, he realized that despite being in the midst of thousands of people, he was completely alone.

Doubts began to creep into Dabio's mind. Had he made a mistake by leaving? Was Donita really that bad? Maybe he could have tried harder to convince her. Maybe if he went back now she would still take him back. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he struggled to hold them back. The conflicting emotions were too much for him. On the one hand, he was happy to be free from his old life, but on the other, he felt an intense sense of loneliness that made him question if he should have left.

Location: Tortuga

Time: 5:30 am

Day: Friday

Jimmy was not a morning person. He was hardly even an afternoon person. It was very rare that Jimmy woke up before noon, especially on a Friday. Unfortunately for him, the edible that he and Koki had shared the previous night still had him tweaking too much to sleep. It was quite potent. He tossed and turned through the night into the morning. He figured since he was up he should head to a cafe and pick up the crew some breakfast as he wasn't in the mood to cook anything.

Quietly he got out of his hammock, threw on his baggiest pair of jeans, a hoodie with a panda smoking weed on it (which he and Aviva had matching ones, as Pandas were her favorite animal), and his favorite snapback hat to complete the look- nothing special. Jimmy finished getting dressed for the day and wrote a note telling the team where he was going. The last thing he wanted was for them to think that one of the villains kidnapped him.

 The last thing he wanted was for them to think that one of the villains kidnapped him