Season 1 Chapter 23: The Terror of King Piccolo

After the Tenkaichi Tournament was over and as time goes by with the sky changed into a beautiful colour of orange, everyone was starting to leave the building and go back home after the exciting tournament.

Currently, Goku was with the rest of his friends as he was drinking some water from a nearby pipe.

Roshi: This year's tournament is finally over, too... So many great matches.

Natsu: That last match was totally awesome! Like that part when Goku went "bam" and Tien went "Ahh"!

Happy: And when Tien split into clones and went "wham wham wham wham" on Goku!

Gray: What are you two kids? Besides, it was more like "Blam, blam, blam"!

Natsu & Happy: No it wasn't!

While Gray, Natsu, and Happy continue to argue with their bad sound effects, everyone else starts to congratulate Goku on his victory.

Krillin: Anyway, nice going on winning, Goku. I would be lying if I didn't say I thought it was gonna end up like the last tournament.

Goku: I thought I was gonna lose again, too. I guess I got lucky when I got my second wind when I did.

Roshi: *laughs* Luck is also part of one's skill! And it seems with experts like Tien and all those other people you've met at the guild, you've learned all sorts of things.

Goku: *chuckles* Yeah.

Goku stands up and wipes his mouth with his Shane but also ends up tearing his gi shirt.

Krillin: *laughs* Your clothes are all torn up!

The boys then hear footsteps from behind them and see that it was Erza and the others as they see Yamcha holding a golden trophy and Erza holding a slip of paper.

Bulma: What are you standing around for?

Oolong: Let's get going.

Erza: I agree. We should hurry back to the guild and let the Master know the good news.

Yamcha: Picked these up for you while you were cooling off.

Yamcha and Erza walk up to Goku and hand him his trophy and the cheque for the reward money for the tournament which was 500,000 jewel.

Goku: Thanks a lot!

Lucy: Goku...

Goku looks to where Lucy called him and sees that she was and sees that she had her hands clasped together and looked on the verge of relieved tears.

Lucy: Can I have some money to pay this month's rent pretty please?

Goku: Huh? Sure.

Lucy: *happily* Yay!

Happy: *judgemental* Didn't even wait for him to cash it in before you started begging?

Lucy: Don't judge me, cat!

Roshi: Why don't we go get something to eat? Goku and Tienshinhan need to eat a lot to restore their strength!

Everyone: Agreed!

Goku: I guess I'm handling the bill.

Krillin: *snickers* Good call since someone here eats an unbelievable amount, you know.

Everyone chuckles from Krillin's statement while Goku didn't seem to be amused by his joke.

Goku: Even I get full, you know...