Chapter 2, Encounter with the Legend.

Copyright notice: This fanfic is a work of fiction inspired by "Fairy Tail", created by Hiro Mashima. I do not own the rights to "Fairy Tail" or the original characters.

Author's note: English is not my mother tongue, so I apologise for any mistakes you may find in this fanfic. I appreciate your understanding and I hope you enjoy the story.

Chapter 2, Encounter with the Legend.

Common Room.

Maria Koori, calmly sipping her tea, mentioned to Tristan, "Today our guild master, Ooba Babasaaama, returns."

Tristan, nibbling on a strawberry cake, paused and asked with interest, "And what is she like?"

Maximus, who had just entered the room, joined the conversation with a mysterious tone, "She's small but imposing, a true legend in our city of Margaret."

Tristan leaned forward, his curiosity piqued. "A legend? Like an epic warrior from the ancient tales?"

Maria, with a complicit smile, added, "Exactly. She has an astonishing vitality for her age. She's... unique, to say the least."

Tristan imagined a small but muscular old woman, a heroic and formidable figure. "She must be someone who commands respect and even fear," he reflected.

Maximus, struggling to keep a straight face, added, "They say she's so powerful that even demons knelt before her, begging for forgiveness for their mistakes."

Tristan, impressed, envisioned a muscular old woman battling demons. "Wow, so she must be an epic old lady who fights with demons! Amazing!"

At that moment, the door burst open and an authoritative voice echoed in the room: "Jura, come here now!" ordered the guild master.

Tristan, surprised and a bit scared by the dramatic entrance, whispered in awe, "Wow, that's cool!"

Maximus, struggling to contain a laugh, thought to himself, "If only you knew, Tristan. Ooba Babasaaama is a cunning old lady surrounded by myths and exaggerations. It's her cunning that makes her legendary rather than epic battles against demons."

Jura approached with a mix of respect and slight fear at the elder's sternness. With a balanced voice, he responded, "Yes, master. How can I assist?"

The master, with a piercing gaze and an impatient tone, said, "The Magic Council has been asking about you. What in the world have you been doing to draw so much attention?"

Jura, somewhat puzzled but maintaining his composure, replied, "I have no idea, master. My last job was quite routine."

"Routine, eh?" Ooba Babasaaama frowned. "Well, it seems you've caught the attention of someone important. Go see what they want and don't do anything foolish."

Jura nodded solemnly. "Of course, master. I'll make sure to handle this carefully."

Ooba Babasaaama's voice thundered once more: "Maria, come here!"

Maria approached, her steady and determined steps hiding the anxiety she felt. "Yes, master. I'm here," she replied, trying to sound calm.

"Why did you follow the demonic wolf into the Lamia Forest instead of eliminating it as I ordered?" demanded Ooba, her eyes shining with a mix of frustration and fear.

Maria, with controlled breathing, passionately replied, "Master, the wolf was an imminent threat to the villagers. I decided to follow it to prevent more deaths. It was a risk I had to take."

Ooba frowned, her voice rising in a mix of anger and fear: "Reckless! What would have happened if it had killed you? What if the guild lost you?"

Maria's frustration turned into fury. "I had no other choice, Ooba! It was that or let the wolf continue attacking! Isn't that what we do, protect the innocent?"