CHAPTER 1

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the sleepy town, whispers began to circulate about the disappearance of Amelia Parker. She was the kind of girl who brightened every room she entered, her laughter echoing through the streets like melody. But now, her absence hung heavy in the air, leaving behind a chilling silence that sent shivers down the spines of those who knew her. The search parties mobilized, their flashlights cutting through the darkness, but as the hours ticked by, hope waned, and questions multiplied like shadows in the night. Where could Amelia have gone? And more importantly, why?

Rumors swirled like leaves caught in a gust of wind, each whisper weaving its own narrative of Amelia’s fate. Some speculated that she ran away from the problems she was facing. Some say that she left the quaint town of Sycamore. No thought for a murder or a kidnap could arouse, because it was however a tiny town and people didn’t really have the idea to do any such stuff.

The police were interrogating around. They approached the neighbors, all her friends and families. But the twisted tale of Amelia is getting way too hard to unfold. Each interview with the townsfolk felt like searching for a needle in the haystack. But one thing was sure; the residents of Sycamore were filled with half-truths that weren’t unveiling.

“I need to know if anyone saw Amelia on the night she disappeared” Detective Richard demanded with his voice firm.
As days passed, Richard became restless and was having relentless pursuit of the truth.

Finally a witness emerged in the sea of uncertainty, “I saw her near the edge of town that night. Before I could reach her, she vanished into the darkness.” The witness was one of Amelia’s friends.

“Firstly why were you there in the middle of the night?” questioned the

“There’s a cemetery nearby. All our friends gathered to meet there to go to the midnight party later.”

A party? No one’s mentioned it before. Tell me more

The girl fidgeting and said, “Well, a party was hosted by a group of people in our school. It was a masquerade party and everyone was supposed to wear masks. This party had quite a supply of drugs. That might be the reason that this party wasn’t revealed. Ameila was my closest friends. Hence I came forward to help when no one was bothered to do it.”

“Was? What do you mean my using it to tell she was your closest friend?” the detective screamed.

“Oh I didn’t mean it that way. I didn’t!” she panicked and fainted.

The police and the people around came to help her and shift to the hospital nearby.

“Keep an eye on her Ethan. She’s bound to reveal some information somehow. And enquire a bit more about the party” hurled the Detective.

“Yes sire” said I.