CHAPTER 1 - "Who are you?":

Jackson-GolbachSam and Colby / Percy Jackson- April

Jackson-Golbach
Sam and Colby / Percy Jackson
- April

Percy Jackson was only fourteen.

He was only a few years into his life as a Demigod, when Camp had shunned him.

He didn't even know why...it just happened.

When it did, he immediately got on a train back to his mother's place to see her. And here he was, outside the apartment, his bag on his back.

He raised his fist and knocked, stepping back as he heard shuffling towards the door. It swung open-

That wasn't Sally Jackson.

"Who are you?"

"Better question," the blond man's eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing here?"

"This is my mother's apartment," Percy told him firmly. "So what are you doing here?"

"My friend, his daughter and I saw the place for sale and bought it," the guy explained. "We weren't told of a tenant. Sam Golbach, by the way."

Percy glanced at the outstretched hand for a moment. Should he take it?

He shook it. "Percy Jackson."

"Well," Sam grinned. "Percy, let's get you to a station and find out where your mother is, why don't we?"

Percy smiled. "I'd like that."

"Guys! I'm going out!" Sam yelled into the apartment.

"Aight!"

"Let's go, Percy."

They reached the local police station, and walked in.

Percy didn't trust the people around him. They...they could be monsters. He stuck close to Sam.

"Yes?" The receptionist asked.

Sam nudged Percy gently. The teen jolted and began speaking. "I'm looking for the location of Sally Estelle Jackson?"

The receptionist nodded and pointed to an office. "Head in there."

"Can...can you come with?" Percy asked Sam softly. The guy nodded, smiling.

"Sure."

"Sally Estelle Jackson died," the police officer reported bluntly. "Cause unknown."

Percy froze. "N-no. You're lying. Where's my mom!?"

"I am telling the truth," the officer told him.

Percy, who was standing, felt his knees buckle. Before he could collapse, Sam's arms wrapped around him.

"It's alright, Percy," he whispered as Percy began to cry. "It's alright."

"She's all I have," Percy managed. "M-my dad's dead, too."

"We can put the kid in Foster Care," the officer offered once Percy had been taken out to be calmed down.

"I'll adopt him."

"Pardon?"

Sam sighed. "I'll adopt him. He needs someone. I'll be that someone."

That kid didn't deserve what happened, and Sam would not be the reason he went to Foster Care.

April speaks!
Yes, the 'friend's daughter' is Arabella! She's making
an appearance as Percy's adoptive cousin!