ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2

I passed Mr. Delmar's store on the way to school. My mood quickly darkened as I saw his shop almost burnt to a crisp. The bright sign now covered in ash.

"Atleast Mr. Delmar is alright," I mumbled under my breath. I continued on in my walk to school. However, school wasn't much better.

"Hey did you see the news last night?"

"There is a Spider-Woman now!"

"Mr. Delmar's shop got burnt pretty bad."

"At least now we have two people looking over Queens."

I sighed and just ignored it all. But, it was kinda hard. Everyone was acting weird. Everyone talking about last night. And not to mention Ned's weird questions to Peter. It was in chemistry class that Ned asked:

"Can you spit venom?"

"No." Peter whispered after shaking his head. I looked up at them, and Ned's face was in awe for some reason. I just ignored them and put an earbud in, starting to play music to block the two out.

Thank god I'm in gym, now, though. I don't have this class with MJ. So, I choose to stick with Liz and Betty. Well, their group, at least.

We had to watch a cringy video of Captain America deliver instructions for fitness. It's required by the state.

I'm now sitting on the bleachers next to Betty and Liz and their friends. We were playing F, marry, kill.

"Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor, marry Iron Man, and kill Hulk." Betty said.

"Well, what about the Spider-Man?" Charles asked.

"What about him?" I questioned his comment, my attention now fully grabbed.

"It's just Spider-Man." Betty stated.

"Did you guys see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys." Liz started.

"Oh my God, she's crushing on Spider-Man." Betty laughed.

"No way," Charles said.

"Nu-uh!" I laughed.

"Kind of?" Liz shrugged and bit her lip partially.

"Ugh, gross. He's probably like thirty." Betty graded.

"You don't even know what he looks like. Like, what if he's, like, seriously burned?" Charles explained.

"I wouldn't care. I would love him for the person he is on the inside."

"Aww. You go, Lizzie!" I laughed.

"Well, there is no way you have a chance anyways, especially with that Ghost-Spider who came into the light yesterday night." Charles called.

"Yeah, think they know-" Betty started.

"Peter knows Spider-Man!" Ned called loudly, inturupting Betty. Everyone directed their attention onto them.

"Uh-no I don't. No. I...I mean..." Peter Stutterd.

"They're friends." Ned called. I furrowed my brows.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends." Flash joked, and a couple of laughs were heard. However, Peter just kept his eyes on Liz. Hm.

"I've met him. Yeah. A couple times. But it's, um... through the Stark Internship. Mm-hmm," Peter turned to Ned in said in a lower tone, "Yeah, but I'm not supposed to talk about it."

"Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party, right?" Flash challenged. I waited, excited to see what was gonna happen. Suddenly, that weird tingle feeling happened once again, but it wasn't for something bad. However, I couldn't quite put my finger on it.