iv. burnt offerings

CHAPTER FOUR ❝ burnt offerings ❞

CHAPTER FOUR
❝ burnt offerings ❞

SELENE FOUND herself standing on top of camp half-bloods hill. anxiety roamed over her features, having a bad feeling about all of this in her head in stomach. "come on, cece."

lorene called out, approaching the girl she considered her younger sister. "we have to keep moving, we're almost there."

she reminded, her hand falling on selene's shoulder, who kept looking off in a distance. "i.. i don't have a good feeling about this, lori."

selene admitted, turning to face her. lorene frowned at her. "hey.. what did we talk about?" lorene asked, kneeling infront of selene as she sighed.

"that we'll be safer at camp from the monsters." selene replied. "that's right. i won't let anything bad happen to you. or anyone else for that matter."

lorene said, gesturing over at the group of four who stood waiting around. selene hesitantly nodded, walking over to the group with lorene.

"ready now?" thalia asked, glancing around amongst the group, who all nodded proudly. "more now than ever."

lorene replied, a smile tugging on her lips before the group continued walking down to the camp. what the group didn't expect was for the trees to began rustling harshly.

the day had been full of sun, and didn't give off any sign of hard wind. this set an overwhelming fear on the group, causing them to glance around.

when an army of hellhounds and furies appeared infront of them. the group came to halt, standing closely to each other as the hellhounds growled lowly.

thalia and lorene both acting on instinct, took their blades out from their side. "run!" thalia shouted, fighting off the hellhounds while the others took the opportunity to get to safety.

grover, selene, luke and annabeth all ran away from the commotion as fast as they could and down the hill to camp.

when a hellhound and furie suddenly landed in between the four separating them as they ran in different directions.

grover held onto selene's hand as they tried running away from the furie. when selene suddenly tripped over a big rock, hurting her ankle in the process.

she fell to the ground as she cried in pain, holding onto her bruised ankle. grover ran towards selene helping her off the ground, trying to run away from the monster.