Chapter 3 - Change of Plans

I dipped a rag in the tea and squeezed it over the wounds on my legs. My legs started vibrating under the warmth. I took a sharp breath as the tea rushed down my leg. I dabbed the rag over the wounds on my arms. I dipped the rag in the tea again and laid it on my back, letting it soak. I lay on my stomach and took a few deep breaths. Ms. Annoying welcomed herself in as she continued to blabber away about something I didn't care enough to find out.

"Get out." I told her sharply.

"This doesn't look like a storage area. You lied, you live here!"

"Which is exactly why you are invading, leave me. Get lost, Be gone, go away, however you register in your non-existent brain that you aren't wanted."

She put her hands on her hips, "I'm here to care for you."

"You know what I need?"

She seemed excited that I'm going to ask her something, "What?"

"You have to leave. Go away."

She rolled her eyes, then walked over to my desk, "What are these?"

I forced myself up and went to her, I grabbed her arm and forcefully pulled her from my shack, "Go away."

"I'll report to you. I know where you live now."

Just then, Theron emerged from the trees. He noticed Ms. Annoying and immediately went back in. I released her arm, "Just leave me alone."

She let out an exasperated sigh, "Why are you so negative?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"I am not!"

"Wanna bet?"

She glared at me. I smiled, knowing I pushed a mute button of some sort. We glared at each other for a long time before she finally gave in. She threw her hands in the air and started walking away. I turned back to my shack and slammed the door, I applied another coat of tea before I lay back down. There was a knock at the door, obviously Theron.

"I have nothing to report."

Theron opened the door and let himself in. This tipped me off, "Get out!"

He took a step forward and said, "What happened there? Why did you fail?"

"Why didn't you tell me details about Cullen?"

"I don't know what you mean."

I don't believe him, "Sure you don't, You knew full well she was better than me. That he had a Torture Chamber, that he would catch on."

Theron stepped forward, his voice going lower, "You know full well I'd tell you what I knew."

"Get out. I no longer work for you. I work alone. I've always been solitary. You give me an assignment, walk away, when I'm done, you waltz back in like you're the victor."

"I have other things to do."

"Good, get out and leave me alone."

"What will you do without me?"

"It is not your concern, leave."

"You are not finished with your previous assignment."

"Do you see what he did? He is stronger than me."

"So train."

"Can you train me?" I felt my anger rising.

"We will find someone."

"No need! Find yourself a new slave to do your dirty work. I'm tired of it."

"You are fresh from failure, you are putting yourself down. Think of ways to build, to learn, to become better."