07. Banters and Quips

"Love, where are you? Stop this game of hide and seek because you very well know I am going to find you no matter which corner you hide"

I hear his creepy voice, his maniac laugh very well aware of how deep into this chaos I have sunk.

The only thing I can do now is to remain calm and think about an escape with a composed mind but the panic arising from the depths of my heart is not letting me think properly.

There is no exit in here, not even a ventilator to escape from.

It is getting harder to breathe with each second.

I can hear him coming closer and can see the chance to escape this nightmare escaping from my hand like sand.

The sound of tapping of his shoes increases in intensity.

TAP
TAP
TAP
"HELLO LOVE".

I woke up with a jerk greedily taking in the air panting heavily.

Suddenly I flinched on feeling a hand on my shoulder.

I turned to my right and saw blue ocean-like eyes staring intensely in my eyes seeking answers for his unquestioned questions.

"Bad dream?" He asked me, his brows straight in a line and a frown etched on his forehead, yet despite this his eyes reflected a serene sense of calmness helping me to control my racing heartbeat.

"Yeah" was all I said to him. It was my past, he doesn't need to get involved in something which even my family is not involved into.

Moreover it was my problem to deal with and I had dealt with it in my way.

No one returns back from their graves.

I ended everything years ago.

He sighed in defeat, probably understanding that I am not going to open up to him.

"Fine. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but remember I am always here to help you, to listen to you. I know you can handle everything on your own but I want to help you. We are married now, remember, you are my better half now, fifty-fifty. So please don't think twice before giving my fifty percent of problems." He said with a small smile.

The car stopped upon reaching its destination. In front of me stood his house or should I say his palace in all its majestic glory.

I was about to open the car door when he came to my side and opened it for me.

Huh When did he become so considerate?

At the entrance stood my mother in law with a plate of aarti in her hand, smiling at us. Her smile was so bright it could give a tough competition to the sun.

After the aarti she placed a kalash filled with rice and asked me to kick it with my right foot before entering in.

After entering, they put a plate filled with red aalta in front of me. I had to put my feet in it and then walk on the white cloth spread before me.