CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Page count: 11

Sirius' Apartment – Thursday 14th January 1982

"Mia!" Sirius called, knocking on her bedroom door.

"I'm busy, Sirius, I have plans to make," she said, her voice slightly muffled by the door being closed.

"Can we talk?"

"No, I'm busy, now leave me alone before I hex you! I can't have any distractions right now!"

Sirius sighed and stepped away from the door, pulling his wand and busying himself with casting spells to find that she'd used a Locking Charm he'd never seen before and he couldn't figure out how to dismantle it. Fifteen minutes, later he gave up.

"I can't get through," he grumbled, partially annoyed and partially impressed.

James chuckled. "Leave it to the expert," he said, pushing Sirius aside and stepping closer to the door.

"Mia! Something's wrong with Harry!" He yelled.

A crash sounded from the room, footsteps could be heard and then the door was suddenly jerked open by a frantic looking Hermione.

"What? What's wrong? Where is he? Is he okay? I didn't feel anything," she said quickly.

James pushed past her, walking into her room as he sent an arrogant look to Sirius over his shoulder, the other Marauder following his example and stepping inside, rolling his eyes at his best friend.

"Relax, my little witch, there's nothing wrong with Harry; I just needed you to open the door so we could talk to you," he grinned.

A fox-like growl slipped from her mouth as she glared at him, the grin dropping from his face immediately. She eyed her wand which she'd left on the bed and James followed her gaze. They both jumped towards the bed at the same time, James landed on the bed and was the first to reach the wand. Hermione landed half beside him and half on top of him, as he held her wand out of reach and she stretched to get it. Sirius leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms crossed over his chest and watching as the two struggled for the wand, amused and with a smirk on his face.

James had rolled so he was on top of her and he pinned her to the bed whilst she still struggled to get the wand from him. He was more than willing to admit he liked the feeling of her wriggling beneath him. He was taken by surprise when she found a new burst of strength and she flipped them, sitting up, straddling him and reaching for the wand he held away from her. Sirius' eyes widened at the development, meaning more than surprised by the turn of events.

"Give me my wand, James!" Hermione growled.

"No,"

"Give it to me so I can hex you."

"Well, I really don't want you to hex me so I'm not giving you your wand," he said amused, staring up at her, only just realising that she'd straddled him and was moving over him as she attempted to steal back her wand. His amusement faded, being replaced with a hitch in his breath and a twisting in his stomach.

With one hand he gripped her hip and his other hand moved her wand further out of her reach. She leaned forward, stretching towards it but she lost her balance, falling forward and landing with her elbows on either side of his head, her hair surrounded them both and she was looked down at him, stunned and with heavy breathing.

They held the other's gaze, never looking away and Hermione was mesmerised by the way his emotions flashed through his hazel-brown eyes. She could barely feel herself moving closer to him, her head lowering and she was powerless against it. His eyes closed and hers quickly followed and just before her lips touched his, she came back to her senses when she heard shuffling, being reminded of Sirius' presence in the room. She sprang back from him as though she'd been burned; stealing her wand from his hand in his distracted state, she stepped away from him, backing up until she stood in the middle of her bedroom, putting her exactly between the two Marauders.