CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Page count: 11

Potter Manor - Wednesday 21st April 1982

"JAMES, REMUS, SIRIUS!" Hermione called, bolting up the stairs and heading straight for the living room on the third floor.

"Where's the fire?" Sirius chuckled, amused when she halted to a stop, almost tripping on the edge of the rug and she caught herself on the couch.

"McGonagall's Patronus," she gestured to the cat pacing anxiously, their eyes darting to her in alarm as they sprang to their feet, fearing the worst. "The Order's tracked several Death Eaters to Worcestershire. I don't know how many, there's going to be a battle."

"We better get a move on," Sirius said, already drawing his wand and gripping it in his hand.

"Remus, go to the Burrow and inform Molly and Arthur, then take Harry to Malfoy Manor, it has more security wards, ones that even surpass mine. Get the Weasleys to follow you there. I've no doubt Lucius and Arthur will wish to join the fight, I'll send my Patronus in twenty minutes time, be back here before then and it'll lead you to us," Hermione instructed.

"I'll see you on the front line," he mock-saluted before plucking Harry from the ground and rushing to the nearest fireplace.

"We'll go in our Animagus forms, it'll be quicker."

~000~000~000~

Worcestershire

Once they stepped off the Potter grounds, they ran three miles before they came across a large field filled with dark robes and silver masked figures fighting others who were wearing slightly lighter robes. There were explosions in the distance, shouts of curses, hexes and spells and beams of lights ricocheted and darted about the area and there were destroyed trees, patches of burnt grass and small fires littering the field.

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked James more so than Sirius. Sirius had been with her at every battle but James had been forced to stay behind and protect Harry.

"It's been a while, but it's like flying a broom, you never forget," he grinned at her and twirled his wand between his fingers.

"Never learned to fly so I'll take your word for it," she shrugged and they snorted. "Good luck."

"Good luck," they chorused.

She kissed them both chastely before they went their separate ways, disappearing into the battle. Hermione quickly cast her Patronus, sending several to different members of the White Lions to inform them off the battle and then she jumped into battle herself, immediately finding herself in a duel with a Death Eater, sending a well-aimed Stupefy and sending him to the floor and casting an Incarcerous to keep him from escaping. Another Death Eater jumped into the fray, preventing her from making her way deeper into the battle, from the place power radiated and there was only one explanation.

She was caught in the arm by a Cutting Curse, sending one in return and cutting the other's robes and he stepped forward, tripping on the fabric and he hit the ground, Hermione taking the opportunity to hit him with a Petrificus Totalus and securing him with ropes.

It took her almost an hour to reach the centre of the battle, several Death Eaters stopping her from reaching her target and she'd received several injuries in the process but came out on top every time.

Searching her surroundings, it was obvious that these Death Eaters were far more skilled in duelling than the others, suggesting they were likely members of the inner circle but that wasn't what caught her attention.