CCTV

Zephyr’s Pov

“Are you sure?” Dad asks for the hundredth time this month.

Our answer remains the same each time.

“Please dad,” Hades says, not meeting his eyes. “She hates us and we… we can't care for a kid.”

“You won't have to care for her. She's old enough to manage herself. You just have to give her some time, love and-”

“We don't have time or anything to give her dad. As long as she wants money, we can provide for her. But we can't fulfill her emotional needs.” Ares makes his point.

“You know what, one day when you regret this,” Dad looks at all three of us with distaste. “She won't need you.”

“She had you. She never needed us.” I commented. “She won't in the future either.”

He shakes his head and turns to my brothers. “I'll go tell Thena I'm going out, meet me in the garage.”

He leaves without another word knowing well that we won't bend to his will. After dad was gone a silence set in my office. It didn't used to be this way. We never really cared about how dad tried advocating for his granddaughter all the time.

But recently, it feels weird thinking about her and knowing that she's gonna leave soon. Dad’s words are spoiling our minds and even if we don't admit it to each other there's a strange sense of guilt which increases each day that we see her.

It won't end till she's gone. She needs to leave for us to live our lives peacefully again.

“Three more days.” Ares mumbles. “It's the best for all of us.” I don't know who he’s trying to convince, us or himself.

“Get out of my office, I need to work.” I said picking back up the file I was going through. “And dad’s already in a bad mood, don't make him wait.”

Dad wanted to set up Athena's room before they went back. Her best friend is also gonna be there helping out with I don't know what. He wasn't really needed but he likes to interfere in everything.

Ares said he's not that bad. I’m clueless how he got to that conclusion. Probably from whatever research he did on the boy’s background and the conversations he had with dad and Athena regarding him.

It's surprising he has a preference for that boy because among the three of us, he absolutely hates any men around Athena. Each name that she brings up unintentionally in her conversations is sent for a background check by Ares. And they either turn out to be too old to be friends with her or bad influencers her age.

Since Ares and Hades had a meeting close by, they’re gonna drop dad off at his other house and our driver will pick him up later. I, on the other hand, have to finalize the proposal for our construction project with the Americans so I opted to stay home.

“Keep an eye on Athena.” Hades says to me.

I don't know what's wrong with him. He’s been obsessed with what she's doing all the time. Whichever one of us is staying home, has to check the CCTV and see where exactly she is.

He's even stationed Eric outside her door and then one guard in each hallway after, to make sure we can track her movements. It's too much even in my dictionary. She's not one of our prisoners that doesn't have the liberty to roam around freely in this house.

Hades acts like she's gonna try to escape.

I try to concentrate on work once Hades and Ares have finally left me alone. But all my focus seems to be on someone I shouldn't be thinking about.