Fell or Fall

Chapter 1

As I was walked down the street, each step felt burdened by the weight of countless pain, yet my mind continued to wander in search of the love that had eluded me.

I found myself seated on a bench beneath the canopy of an autumn tree, relishing the serene vista of the lake stretched out before me. Everywhere I looked, the scene is mirrored the tumultuous nature of life itself: a person chatting happily on their phone, seemingly oblivious to the chaos around them; a family enjoying a picnic, laughter echoing in the air. Yet here I amidst it all, consumed by the ache of loneliness and longing. With each passing moment, the stark contrast between their happiness and my own sorrow seemed to deepen.

Suddenly a flash of moment, thoughts of him crossed in my mind "strangely met and strangely disappeared". I was in Bangalore at the time and worked like a monk every day. As a result of our stressful lives, I and Zera are looking for ways to make ourselves happy. We went to the party, dancing like as hell, singing like a bullshit lyrics. She is my best friend, and I have no idea how we ended up so close.

We're preparing for the wedding of our colleague Kevin. So, there was a three-day marriage ceremony held in the palace. We packed everything and started the car. When we arrived five days before the wedding, the truth was that we wanted to explore the palace and surroundings areas. We were staying at the hotel Melbourn, everything organized by Kevin.

When I saw the room, it felt like a paradise with its transparent walls offering a stunning view of Bangalore city. It was the most luxurious place I've ever stayed in. After freshening up, I headed to the nearby lounge for a chocolate coffee while Zera was resting in the room after her bath. I enjoyed the all sip and checking the messages.

Following our dinner, we decided to engage in a game of Uno with around ten players, all fiercely competing to avoid losing due to the harsh consequences. In the initial round of the game, Sam ended up losing, and as his penalty, he had to call his girlfriend and falsely admit, "I'm being unfaithful to you, I'm kissing with another girl". So, the competition was tight and all're play like pros.

"wise men say only fools rush in But I can't help falling in love with you"- song by Elvis Presley playing background.

As a door creaked open, the lively chatter in the room quieted to a hush. Every eye turned towards the entrance, where a figure stood framed in the doorway. His presence instantly captivating the room. Dressed like a dazzling white shirt that hugged his toned physique just right, and an undone chest button. First time I noticed like a boy without blinking and my eyes locked with him. I couldn't take off my eyes off, but then my attention shifted as I looked around at the others in the room. Kevin's voice cut through the room "Everyone, meet Marcus Grayson", he added "a friend from our childhood adventures". After welcoming Marcus, we all settled in to play Uno. My phone suddenly chimed with a message from my mother. With a quick glance at the screen, I excused myself from the game and stepped outside to take the call, eager to catch up with her.

"Hey mom," I said as I stepped outside.

"Sweetheart, did you see the photo I sent you?" she asks eagerly.

"Yeah mom, I saw it" I replied, trying to mask my reluctance.

"What do you think? Isn't he lovely?" she pressed on. "He seems nice, but you know I'm not really thinking about marriage right now," I confessed. "Oh but darling, it's time to settle down," she urged.

"I know, mom, but I just need more time," I replied, feeling the weight of her expectations.

After the conversation, I ended the call and felt the need for a moment of solace. I headed to the room's window for some fresh air. I watched the city lights twinkled like stars in the distance, their gentle glow offering a sense of calm in my mind, finding a moment of peace.