Chapter 1

Final Declaration Volume 1
Chapter 1
Written by Iwanaga Yuka
Editor Z23

Walking along the streets. A boy with lavender hair blends himself into the crowd of people. Around him are people composed of mostly students, from different parts of the world.

The city itself is very technologically advanced with high-spec phones, disabled people relying on robotic limbs, and people who modified themselves to be mostly machines to extend their life span.

An alarm is suddenly sounded and everyone around him begins to immediately scatter as shelters arise from the ground, allowing them to get to safety. However, the boy remained in the same spot while staring at the sky.

A squadron of all female soldiers wearing high-tech armor soars through the sky. Jets arriving at the scene flying at high speeds above the clouds

The Major of the squadron, a woman with blonde hair activated her riggings and interface.

"This is your major speaking; what are the conditions of the city and the Angel?"

The radio connecting to the jets plays her voice into the earpiece of the pilot as they reply.

"Black Bird fleet here, the angel is Chokhmah, it's currently making its way through District 5 Angela and seems to be going towards the Gakou district, as for the city we're looking at 22% collateral damage and 467 out 3788 citizens have now become deceased from the Angel's appearance"

"Gakou huh?. Report this to the operators, Send your fleet to attack the Angel, we'll provide cover by killing the Espers from below"

"Copy that, Major."

With the orders now given both parties make their way to their destination. The squadron finds themselves on land as they look on to see heavily contorted creatures make their way to them.

"Open fire!"

With that shout, the soldiers manipulates their riggings and aimed their rotary machine guns with specialized bullets to shoot at the creatures.

After being shot, blood-curdling glitchy screams came out of the creature's nonexistent mouths, echoing through the narrow streets of tall buildings.

Some creatures that weren't shot begin to use their powers immediately. Manipulation the laws of physics and attacking the squad

One of them used vector manipulation to send debris at unimaginable speeds. Only for the debris to shatter into dust when the soldiers activated a forcefield shield called "territory", a shield that cancels the effects of the Espers' powers including its impact on the environment

Pulling out an energy sword from the port of her rigging, the major charges in to cut down the esper with vector control powers

"Keep up the pressure! Don't let them attack the-"

Before she could finish she avoided a lighting strike, stepping back using the propellers on her wings as she looks up to see hooded figures.

She glances back to see her comrades struggling to fight and fend off those hooded figures.

"Tch. Espers and Magicians? All troops fall back!"

The troops attempted to fly to no avail as they hit an invisible barrier trapping them inside.

"A veil?! Ugh! all troops! Granting permission to use heavy artillery!"

Before the soldiers could send out missiles from their riggings, a voice called out to them from behind.

"No need! I got this!"

"Duke?! What- how are you here?!"

Duke rushed into the field and smashed one of the magicians' face cracking their skull, and at that moment the veil disappeared.