Chapter 5 "Negotiations"

FINAL DECLARATION
Chapter 5 “Negotiation”
Author: iwanaga Yuka
Editors: Rune, Z23

—everyone in the room is silent. Watching the girl cautiously, until suddenly a loud bump can be heard from behind the girl. The sound was of old man Gin’s fist hitting the wooden table which caught everyone's attention “Hey! This is a bar! Either order up or get outta here. Don't want any of you dumbasses ruining my place”

—the girl laughed softly. An expression of amusement and respect towards the bartender as she turned her attention back to him and gave an innocent smile “Yes oji san~ I'm sorry for interrupting your mood boys.” she flicks the bow tied to her hair buns gracefully while walking past Hakuhi and whispering to him “Look. I'll cut it short, I need to talk to you somewhere private, which is why I was here. Meet me at the abandoned undercity cathedral. Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll be accommodated for your time.” with that, she walks off and closes the door behind her

—“Master?.” Yui said. Though she spoke in monotone her voice was slightly laced with worry. She could practically hear his heartbeat. She presses herself closer to him. But hesitates and pulls back. Hakuhi lets out a sigh of relief once the tensed pressure releases and slumps his shoulders, returning his gun back into his coat. “I'm fine. Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you.” He walks over to one of the bar’s tables and sits down, inviting her to sit next to him. “Was that person the one who I think it was?.”

—“Yeah. She's the same little girl you read about in my catalogue. Her name is Yashiko Suzumi. At least that's what people call her, not even I know her real name despite being in the criminal industry for five years.”

—“Is she someone dangerous?” Her eyes narrowed as she asked. “the most. Since she's the daughter of the president of Japan, if any of us were to take the shot then there's no doubt that the president will send soldiers to wipe everyone in the undercity. The reason I pointed my gun at her was a force of habit. I got too intimidated.”

—Yui was in disbelief. She hasn't seen Hakuhi this nervous before until now, could it be related to the fact he met her before? Or maybe because she's associated with the people who took away his father. “So what will you do? Would you accept her invitation? Do you even have a choice?.”

—“Well. I can tell she came prepared. She tracked down my location and found where I worked and waited for me. I might go as far as to say she even got some personal information out of old man Gin and the rest of the criminals in this industry disguised as a bar. I don't doubt the accommodation. But if I were to take the bait, I don't know if I'll be able to bite off the hook.”

—“It seems like this child is a lot more troublesome than I anticipated…it’s no matter. I suggest that you not follow her.” Hakuhi nodded at Yui’s suggestion. “I think we'll also have to switch locations as well. We're not safe here anymore.” Both of them nodded in agreement, after a while Hakuhi had just finished eating his meal, Yui refused the food. Explaining that she doesn't need food to survive. Since she's not mortal

—they both exit the bar only to be surprised by Suzumi standing next to the door while looking through her phone. Seeing that Hakuhi and Yui are now out of the bar Suzumi smiled softly, closing her phone and then folding into a smaller size, suddenly a floating robot revealed itself above Suzumi’s head. Unveiling its camouflage as Suzumi puts her phone inside of its storage box

—“Right on time. I thought you wouldn't come out of the bar since you were so intimidated by me~” she gives Hakuhi a smug and bratty grin. Tracing her finger down his chest while placing her hand on her hips. “whoa. your body is so…” she whispered quietly to herself before pulling back and clearing her throat “Ahem… sorry, I got off track there if you are wondering, yes. I heard everything that you both were talking about.”