4

Six months later...

Jaimi is at the airport at 4 in the morning on June 30th. She is wearing an oversized blue t-shirt with black Nike shorts. She stands against her black SUV scrolling through her phone while they wait for her family.

Sachi: Jaimi?

Jaimi looks up to see her mom standing by her somewhat tired.

Jaimi: Kya hua?

Sachi: Phone toh chod aur itni thand mein short pehne hain. You will get sick.

Jaimi: Garmi hain, mumma! Aur, hum sab ko pick up karne kyu aae hain? Woh hotel pe nahi aa sakhte?

Sachi: Kyu ki airport hotel se 4 ghante door hain.

Jaimi: Toh woh humara problem kaise hain? Jiske ghar shaadi hain unko dekhna chahiye!

Sachi: Jay!

Their attention is drawn to the group of people exiting the airport. Jaimi throws her phone in her car and runs towards her grandparents. She embraces them in a hug then, her uncle and aunt, followed by her cousins. They all greet each other. Jaimi notices a group of people standing to the side while looking for Sia, her great grandmother. Sia taps her from behind and hugs her.

Sia: Mera baccha! Kitni badi ho gae?

Ved: Mein bhi hoon Dadi!

Sia hugs him and Sachi.

Ayesha: Dhriti kaha hain?

Sachi: Ghaadi mein so rahi hain.

The Patel, Soni, and Raval family load their luggage in the six cars. Ayesha, Aarush, Dhruwal, Darshan, Jyugal, Dushyant, and Neel, Jaimi's cousin, all load into Jaimi's black SUV. Patel family loads in the car with Sachi while Raval family is distributed between Ved and Aashutosh's car. The rest of the guest are in Pratik and Raashi's car. Jaimi pulls out of the airport and enters the navigation. She takes the backroad into the city while the others hit the highway.

Neel: Yeh kidhar jaa rahe hain?

Jaimi: Khaane!

Neel: Aadhi raat ko?

Jaimi: Did I say you have to eat? If I'm gonna drive then, I need something to keep me up.

Neel: Why are you angry?

Jaimi: Meri trip cancel karvadi iss shaadi ke liye!

Ayesha: Jay!

Jaimi shakes her head and pulls into Starbucks drive-through. She orders herself a strong espresso and asks others, but they refuse. She gets her drink and gets on the ramp to hit the business highway.

Aarush: Jaimi, dekh ke chalana! Meri marne ki ummar nahi hain.

Jaimi: Toh meri hain? Abhi mujhe drive karne do!

Jaimi is about to enter the highway when a car sidelines her almost pushing her off the road. She honks to which the driver sticks out his middle finger and tries to overtake her again, but she increases her speed pushing him back into his land. She weaves through the traffic and puts her playlist on shuffle. Boss Bitch by Doja Cat starts to play.