Chapter 3) The Mysterious Car Ride

The next morning was alive with the soft hum of cicadas as Yuki stepped out of her house, her heart heavy with the weight of the revelations she had just received. Clutching the letter from her birth parents tightly in her hand, she took a deep breath, steeling herself for the journey ahead.

Her parents stood on the porch, their expressions a mix of pride and sadness as they watched her approach the waiting car. Yuki could see the worry etched in their features, could feel the love radiating from them like a beacon in the darkness.

"I'll be back before you know it," she promised, her voice barely above a whisper. Her parents nodded, their eyes glimmering sadness through their waterfall.

As Yuki climbed into the car, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of her stomach. The driver, a silent figure with a face obscured by shadows, offered her a reassuring smile before pulling away from the curb.

The journey passed in silence, the only sound the steady hum of the engine as they sped through the empty streets. Yuki's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions such as, "will I make friends?", "will I fit in?" and more importantly, "how do I start by finding about my parents?"

Who were her birth parents? What secrets did they hold? And most importantly, what was her destiny in this magical world she had been thrust into?

Lost in her thoughts, Yuki barely noticed when the car came to a stop in front of a towering gate flanked by stone gargoyles. As she glared back from the car, she noticed the sky had turned dark and ominous. Her drive was only 3 hours long, and she left in the early morning, how could this be? The driver turned to her; his eyes gleaming with an otherworldly light as he spoke.

"We have arrived, Miss Yuki," he said, his voice low and melodious. "Welcome to S.T.A.R Academy."

Yuki's breath caught in her throat as she gazed up at the imposing structure before her, its spires reaching towards the sky like fingers of destiny. This was to be her new home, a place where she would uncover the truth about her past and her future.

Stepping out of the car, Yuki felt a sense of trepidation mingled with excitement as she crossed the threshold into the unknown. Whatever lay ahead, she knew that she was ready to face it head-on.

As she passed through the gates of S.T.A.R academy, Yuki took a deep breath, steeling herself for the journey ahead.

At the front entrance, students walked by as their eyes peered into Yuki's. All the students on their way to their classes had their eyes casted on to her.

Yuki walked in through the entrance bumping into a dazzling male. The boy dressed in an irregular uniform dressed in a black and silver blazer(compared to other students), with a white shirt topped with a red tie and his shining black, white and red hair.

Yuki dazed in his looks; she did not notice the boy had fell back barely clutching on to the handrails by the handrails. "I'M SO SORRY!" Yuki apologised whilst helping him get up.

"Don't you know where yo- "The boy wanting to say something, stopped his sentence. "I have not seen you here, are you new?" he questioned Yuki.

"Yes, I am. I just arrived and was making my way through to the office. I am so sorry; I didn't mean to bump in to you! If you don't mind me asking, I left this morning around 3 hours ago with a bright sun shining down. Why is it dark here while the moon is out here?" replied and asked a question Yuki.

"ERM... WELL. You see. I believe I could answer that question but I don't believe I am allowed to. You're one of us, aren't you? Clearly judging how you are talking about the sun being 'here' and you're definitely not wearing the uniform of those night school humans..." the boy mysteriously asked Yuki.

"One of us? One of the humans? What do you mean? Of course I'm not one of you yet silly! You're the first person I met so far in this school, I haven't even stepped inside the school yet! Heck, I don't even know what class I am in" replied Yuki with tears of laughter.

"That is not what I meant. You'll see later. By the way the office is down the hallway to the left. You're quite interesting, may fate let us see each other again" the boy snickered as he then hopped on his skateboard and slid down the hallway.

"WAIT!" Yuki screamed for the boy wanting to know his name but by the time she did, he already skated out of her sight. Realising that Yuki screamed in the middle of the hallway, students gazed on her. She mouthed sorry to them and then speed walked down the corridor.

A female teacher who does not look over a day over 18 years old noticed Yuki by her unmatching outfit compared to the students and more obviously her over the top screaming. The teacher walked over to Yuki and asked "Good morning, dear, may I help you?".

Yuki holding far too many questions, just replied, "Yes please Miss beautiful. Could you please lead me to the office?"

The flattered teacher replied, "Sure dear. Follow me, also be careful, the walk is quite long. We have plenty of time to chat, why don't we introduce ourselves? My name is Vivi, short for Violet Vanessa, however students are to call me Miss Vanessa. I am the head of the S.T.A.R faculty under the authority of the principle, Mr Damien. I only teach the S.T.A.R class and not the general night school classes.".

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Vanessa. My name is Yuki Nightingale. I am transferring here through a letter from my late biological mother and father wrote 16 years ago. My biological parents, Vane and Violet, apparently used to go to school here and fell in love and had me. For some unknown reason they passed away and the next thing I knew was I was with my new parents. I do not remember them much really as I was quite little at the time." Replied and introduced Yuki.

"NO! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE! You're their daughter. I can't believe the time has come! I am so delighted to see you dear Yuki. Our school and particular staff has been awaiting you for far too long. I should've known by the date it is today which matches the letter! By the way you are allowed to call me Violet just as the S.T.A.R class does" exclaimed Miss Vanessa.

"You know about the letter!?" asked Yuki as she pulled out the letter from her backpack crouched on the ground.

"You have the other part of the letter! We must hurry, our faculty has wasted too much time and we cannot afford to lose more"

The teacher hid from the night school students and took Yuki into a room. She chanted a set of words and by the time Yuki blinked, they were standing in front of the principal's office. One's mind could not comprehend what just happened. This was something straight out of a book. Something along the lines of Magic!

Yuki proceeded to open her mouth wanting to say something but was interrupted by Miss Vanessa.

"I cannot be the one explaining you this and I know you must be questioning everything right now as to why it is night time and how I did some sort of 'magic'. Mostly all of your questions will be answered once you step through this door" pleaded Violet, not as a teacher, but as a warm and caring friend.

The letter's seal held in her hands glowed bright green. Yuki did not notice because of the many thoughts in her head. So, without any questions and most certainly without any doubts, she prepared herself to enter.

With questions, amazement and fear in her heart, she clutched the letter from her birth parents tightly and stepped forward into the office with Miss Vanessa, her thinking there couldn't be anything weirder than what she saw previously.

To her surprise, what she saw as she walked in, horrified her instantly making her race an exponential number of thoughts in her head especially of her contemplating on what she had gotten into.

Find out who the principal is next chapter "1: What?! 2: Nice to meet you all! 3: I'M SO TIRED!"