1

"Shit." Chosen sighed picking up her phone that she dropped while her four year old son, Major slept on her shoulder.

Chosen didn't have a clue where her and her son would sleep tonight. Homeless is what they were.

She got evicted from their apartment 3 hours ago, she tried to keep the rent paid but she couldn't. How was she suppose to do that when her job paid so little?

She only had enough to keep her son in school, keep food on the table, and clothes on their backs.

She carried a duffel bag on her back as she walked, she knew she was close to mountain bridge park. "Looks like we have to sleep here tonight baby." She whispered to her son even though he was in a deep sleep.

Finally reaching the park she went into the public restroom. She sat major down on the baby diaper changer thing.

He was still asleep so she quickly used the restroom with the door open to make sure nobody came in. She washed her hands and picked her son back up.

She walked out seeing a bench close by. She walked over to it while watching her surroundings and sat down.

She moved her son into her lap and laid his head in her arms as she rocked back and forth. "God please heal and protect me and my baby." She said a prayer.

Tears streamed down her face as she thought of herself as a bad mom. 'I let my stinka down, I shoulda did more to keep our home.' she thought.

She was lost, she thought of so many ways to over come this storm. 'A shelter?' She didn't have any family down here in Florida.

She wiped her face and grabbed her phone. Her phone was off so she couldn't call nobody even if she wanted to.

Even though there wasn't anybody to call because she didn't have friends, siblings, parents, or anything else.

Chosen and major's dad, Cedric had an off and on relationship. Even though they weren't on good terms she already knew she'd text him whenever she get Wi-Fi.

'I'll just let him keep major until I find us somewhere to stay and get my money up.' She thought.

She knew it was no way she could stay with him knowing his girlfriend and their daughter stayed with him.

Chosen was still up and watching the sky get brighter as the hours went by. She wouldn't dare go to sleep so she stayed up the entire time.

She watched as major stirred around till he finally woke all the way up and rubbed his eyes. "Goodmorning stinka." She smiled at him.

He smiled back giving her a hug then a kiss. Chosen is his favorite person, he love her so much.

"Morning mommy." His little voice spoke. "Park?" He questioned looking around. Chosen nodded seeing her son gain a huge smile.

Major loved the park, his favorite thing to get on is the slide. "We going to walk to McDonald's to get you something to eat." She told him.

She had atleast 30 dollars on her, if it had to come to it she'd spend the whole 30 on him. She put him first no matter what.

"Mkay." He said standing up, she fixed the duffel bag on her shoulder. She grabbed his hand and they began walking.

"Ma no school?" He asked as they continued walking. He loved pre k, he loved learning new things.

"Not today." She said looking down at him seeing him frown a little. "It's okay stinka, you can go tomorrow. Dada will take you." She assured him.

"Okay." He smiled walking a little faster. After two more blocks they were at McDonald's, which wasn't too packed like she'd thought since it is morning time.