Bricktown

i'm like UGH rn i didn't forget about this thing i've just been trying to figure out a way to start this new chapter and like write it or whateverrr and like i know the pov is confusing with the way i'm switching it IM SORRY i am confusing and like idk i kind of don't like the "i" anymore for Y/N.. but i UGH idk

ANYWAYS. this is just you and viktor in his little shop. its cute but I think it's too cute cause like we're supposed to be not cute but I'm just gonna be like "oh viktor's brining us out of our shell even when we're still on our drugs"🤞

word count - 2,152 (yap yap yap)
___________________________________

I walked down the street with the strap of my case over my shoulder. I kept thinking about what Helen had said to me earlier.

"At a certain point, it's not about practice. It's whether you've got something special. And maybe you just.. don't."

Stupid first chair bitch. She even acted as if she had given me life changing advice. If I wasn't intimidated by her I would grab her by the hair and-

"Hey, Ms. Hargreeves." My thoughts got cut off by a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Viktor.

I blinked in surprise. "Oh. Hey, Viktor."

I was dozing off so much in my thoughts that I hadn't realized I walked the opposite way home. I ended up in Bricktown. I looked to the left of me and saw a quaint little furniture shop. It must've been his.

"It may be tiny but it does hold some beauties inside. That could just be me being biased though." Viktor chuckled softly.

I gave him a small grin and looked back at him. "Whatcha doing here in Bricktown anyways?" He asked curiously as he put the hand that wasn't holding his coffee hand into his pocket.

I shrugged. "I uh.. I was walking and thinking. Those two don't really mix good when it comes to me. I would probably be able to walk off a building like that."

Viktor gave a little laugh again. He sure did like laughing with me. It didn't even sound like pity laughs too, something I hated.

"Well, maybe you can think and walk around in my shop." He dangled some keys in his hand and walked up to the door.

As soon as I stepped in, I was welcomed with the fresh smell of wood. But not overwhelming like when you walk into the planks aisle of Home Depot. There really were beautiful pieces in here, too. I felt up the surface of a dining table.

"These are beautiful." I looked up at Viktor to see him already staring at me. I smiled nervously at him as he gave me a cheeky one.

He put down his coffee and crossed his arms as he walked over to me. "Why, thank you. Restoration antiques are my bread and butter. But I do like to dabble in other things.."

I raised my eyebrows at him and tilted my head slightly. "Like what?"

"Oh, I don't know.. it's a little embarrassing." He cringes a little.

I put my hands back into my jacket pockets. "Oh, well now I have to know."

Viktor sighs. He still has that charming smile on his face. "Alright, come on."

He opens a curtain to reveal numerous amounts of gorgeous wood work. I stare at them in awe as I get closer to them to examine each piece. They were all so.. lovely.