Chapter 1

Read this before starting the book. It's not a lot, believe me.

First of all, thank you for reading yet another one of my books, it means a lot.

Just like the warnings in my previous books, plagiarism will not be tolerated at any costs. Anything in this book has been written by yours truly, and any ideas in the book is mine alone.

This book will contain mature contents and then some. Certain contents might be disturbing to some readers which is why, a warning will be placed at the start of a chapter. Whether you choose to move forward with the chapter or skip it, that will be your choice. If anything happens to you after reading the disturbed scenes after reading when you have clearly been warned, I shall not be held responsible for that.

Do not rewrite my book in other languages and publish it without my permission. You will be reported and I will not hesitate to take legal actions against you.

And finally, like all of my warnings in my previous books, if you skipped the author's notes above...

Fuck you.

Happy reading :)

Chapter 1.

THEA

Smile at the cameras, pose for the pictures, pretend for the media, keep the family's reputation safe- The only words which ever left my mother's mouth since I had been born. My mother was hell bent on keeping the family reputation perfect for her own selfish reasons. Pretend like we were the happy family the whole world thought us to be- only, we were far from being perfect.

A week ago, my father had been asked to move to a new town for his work and him moving meant us moving whether we liked it or not. Wherever he went, we followed. My parents did not care about our thoughts on the constant hopping from country to country, town to town, continent to continent. If they were to go stay on mars, we'd had no choice but follow even if it meant dying there.

"The new school here is awesome from what I have heard." My mother's voice was muffled because of the muffin she just stuffed in her mouth. "You'll fit right in." That was what she always said. Just like the last three schools I had to leave because of their constant moving. The truth was, I never really 'fit in' like she always said I would every time. Fitting in with a bunch of stranger wasn't easy and do-able, especially if the students there do not like you or they simply aren't like-able.

"Sure, mom. I shall fit right in just like I did at my previous schools." Of course she did not note the sarcasm in my tone. She never did. She never cared enough to. She just gave me a smile, taking yet another of a muffin. "Have you chosen your room yet?"

"Yes." I did, in fact, chose my room. I knew it was not going to be permanent. None of my rooms had been permanent so why would this one be? Like always, I chose the room with a balcony with the prettiest view. The house- mansion, we were to learn to call our new home was beautiful and huge.

"This school you'll be going to, it is rather difficult from your previous ones." She stated, earning my full attention as I waited for her to elaborate. "It is a school only privilege kids get to attend. Kids with money and all that."

"Basically, I'll be attending a school full of spoiled brats?"

She glared at me, "Your father and myself have tried to get you a place on that school because of its prestigious reputation. You will do nothing to ruin this for yourself, have I made myself clear? And make some friends there, even a boyfriend. You are far too lonely."

I almost rolled my eyes at her but I knew it would have only made her angrier and refrained from doing so. Saying anything was going to be futile, I knew that. Once my parents had made up their minds, nothing was going to change it. But I did disagree on her assumption of me being lonely. I was not. I might look lonely to other people but I was far from being lonely. I liked loneliness, I saw it as my friend. So, I wasn't really lonely, was I?

"How do you like the house?" My father's voice boomed behind me, making jump. I placed my hand on my chest to calm my fast beating heart.

"It's nice." I muttered, not wanting to be in the same room as both of them anymore. "I'll go check out the garden." I stood up to leave only to be stopped by his voice. "You have school tomorrow. Peter will drop you off."

I nodded. "Alright."

"If I hear a report about you from the principal, we will have a problem. Have I made myself clear?"

"Yes, dad. I won't do anything stupid." I wasn't stupid to do anything stupid to face the wrath of my father. Only a fool could do something like that and I was no fool. "May I be excused?"

He waved me off. "Go." And I did. I walked at a fast pace to my room and threw myself on the bed after closing the door. I sighed, wondering how my new school was going to be or if I was going to even survive the first day. 

-
The morning came faster than I wished it would come. I did not like the idea of having to go school on the next day after moving but I did not have a choice. I glanced at myself in the mirror and only left the room to go in the car once I made sure I looked presentable enough for a first day of school. My driver, Peter, greeted me with a smile which I returned. He had always been nice to me, unlike my parents.

"Good morning, Peter. How are you doing today?" I asked, making conversation, hoping it would ease my nerves before reaching school.

"Very good, thanks." He grinned. "How about yourself Miss Thea?"

"How many times must I tell you not to call me 'miss', Peter? We have known each other long enough."

"And how many times must I tell you that should Mr Hart will have my head if he ever hear me addressing you by your name?"

"Are you scared of what 'Mr Hart' will do to you, Peter?" I joked but I knew what my father could do to him if he wished. All it would take was to place one foot out of line.

"I'd rather be cautious." Another grin. "I have to thank your father for the house he's provided for me and my wife."

"Oh right." Peter, being my driver, agreed to move out with us to continue driving us wherever we need to go. My father trusted him enough for that and I, for one, did not dislike the fact that Peter was here. At least there would be someone I know here other than my parents. "How's your wife?"

"She is thrilled. This is where she was living before we got married." Peter always spoke about his wife with a smile on his lips, affection swimming in his eyes- something I never saw with my parents. Making light conversations with Peter actually helped and before I knew it, the car stopped in front of a large building with the symbol of a crown on top of it.