CHAPTER -1 Blood Bond: The Vow of Generations

On that fateful night, as the cold tendrils of darkness wrapped around the valley, the moon fought its way through the thick veil of clouds, casting an eerie glow upon the scene below. It illuminated the desolation of the valley of death, where the innocent had been mercilessly slaughtered at the hands of the ruthless vampire clan. Their soldiers, devoid of conscience, marched through the once-thriving land, leaving nothing but devastation in their wake. Mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, infants—all fell victim to their insatiable thirst for blood. Even the livestock, innocent in their own right, were not spared from the carnage.

Days passed, and those who narrowly escaped the massacre fled, leaving behind a landscape tainted by tragedy. The vampires, triumphant in their conquest, claimed dominion over a portion of the valley as their own. General Lux, the formidable leader of the vampire soldiers, surveyed the aftermath with a sense of grim satisfaction. Instructing his troops to scour the valley for any remaining signs of life, he waited patiently, his arms folded behind his back.

A sudden cry pierced the stillness of the night, drawing Lux's attention to a nearby bush. Approaching cautiously, he discovered a lone wicker basket nestled amidst the foliage. Opening it, he was met with the heart-wrenching sound of a baby's cries. His first instinct was to end the child's life—it was, after all, the offspring of their sworn enemies. But as he gazed upon the infant's face, bathed in the gentle light of the moon, he was struck by its innocence and beauty.

With a conflicted heart, Lux lowered his knife, unable to bring himself to harm the child. Determined to protect the baby from the cruelty of his fellow vampires, he concealed her beneath his chariot, shielding her from prying eyes and potential harm.

"Sir, we found nothing," one of his soldiers reported upon their return, interrupting Lux's thoughts. Pushing aside his internal turmoil, Lux attended to the matter at hand, masking his inner turmoil with a façade of authority. "Very well, let us depart," he commanded, leading his troops away from the scene.

Their journey was interrupted by the unexpected arrival of a messenger from the king. "The king requests your presence, General," the messenger announced, prompting Lux to make his way to the palace alone.

In the opulent halls of the palace, Lux bowed respectfully before the king, who greeted him with evident pleasure. "You have cleansed the land, General Lux," the king declared, his words heavy with praise. "For your service, I offer you a reward—a place within my royal court, not only for yourself but for your descendants for generations to come."

Overwhelmed by the king's generosity, Lux felt a swell of gratitude and pride. "I vow," He proclaimed fervently, "that my descendants shall honor your descendants for all time, Your Majesty."

Decades flowed like the river of time, carrying with them the echoes of the bloody war that had once torn the land asunder. In the wake of destruction, a new generation of vampires emerged, towering over their predecessors in stature and ambition. They became the very heartbeat of civilization, their influence stretching far and wide.

Trading in precious stones and dealing in weapons, these vampires amassed wealth and power beyond measure. Their prosperity knew no bounds as they navigated the intricate web of politics and commerce with deft precision.

Yet, amidst their ascension, the kingdom remained firmly under the rule of an ambitious king whose name struck fear into the hearts of both friend and foe alike. His grip on power was unyielding, his authority unquestioned.

Rumors of the kingdom's strength and the mastery of its vampire rulers spread swiftly across the land, instilling a pervasive fear in those who dared to challenge their authority. Outsiders quaked at the mere whisper of their name, fully aware of the dire consequences awaiting any who dared to oppose these formidable beings.

However, on a particular night, when the dark clouds gathered ominously in the sky and the moon took on a deep, unsettling shade of red, the kingdom of the vampires was thrust into turmoil. Fear and confusion swept through the populace like wildfire, engulfing.even the ambitious king in a haze of uncertainty.

"Fetch the sorceress," the king commanded, his voice betraying a hint of fear. "I must know the meaning of this."

But to his dismay, even the sorceress was at a loss. "Your Majesty," she began, her voice tinged with unease, "this is beyond my understanding. Something unprecedented is occurring."

Meanwhile, within the palace walls, another drama was unfolding. In a room filled with the sounds of agony and desperation, a woman struggled to bring new life into the world. Edward, a noble count within the kingdom, paced anxiously outside, his heart heavy with worry for his wife.

"How is she?" he asked the midwife, his voice betraying his concern.

The midwife shook her head sadly. "The situation is dire, Master Edward. We must act swiftly, or we may lose both mother and child."

As Edward gazed out at the eerie sky, his thoughts consumed by the inexplicable events unfolding above, a sudden change caught his attention. The dark moon began to fade, its ominous hue replaced by the comforting glow of white once more.

Then, amidst the chaos, a cry pierced the air – the cry of new life. Rushing into the room, Master Edward found his wife, exhausted but alive, cradling their newborn.

"It's a girl," his wife whispered, her voice filled with love and relief.

Edward's heart swelled with emotion as he gazed upon his daughter's sleeping form. "She is a miracle," he murmured, overcome with gratitude.

"What shall we name her?" his wife asked, her eyes shining with tears of joy.

Edward hesitated for a moment, his gaze drifting back to the now serene sky. "Today felt different," he mused aloud. "She was born amidst darkness, yet she brings light to our lives. Let us call her Scarlet."

As the news of the birth reached the king's ears, a sense of clarity washed over him. "A rebirth," he whispered to himself, his eyes scanning the heavens above. "A new beginning."

The sorceress, sensing his contemplation, approached him with reverence. "This occurrence signifies a shift, Your Majesty," she explained. "Something – or someone – has entered our realm. But whether friend or foe, only time will tell."