FOUR: I was right after all (part II)

"Good day Ms. Heris, I imagine you'll handle this matter with civil discretion" she said between a feigned smile

Qaya equally beamed back "you are definitely right, I plan on acting in the most civil way possible, that's why I'm taking you to court for your misconduct"

Melinda's jaw dropped, what was happening? this, in itself wasn't unpredictable but still she was taken aback.

"Ms. Charmale, endeavor to keep your poise, My family name has been grossly tainted by your paper, I am not resorting to unruly methods because I want to be gracious. so do not make me feel like I have done wrong"

"I did not lose my poise, I was just impressed that you thought to sue someone that enjoyed immunity" she replied with a smug look.

the smile on Qaya's face immediately fell, her gaze darkened and she almost looked disgusted "to be honest, I feel insulted. You berate my intelligence, I know that you know
that I can sue you based on Eastefordian entity laws, because you acted in a capacity outside your political duties or did you not know? do you really think because the king 'backs' the Harbinger, it has now become a government institution? surely you can't be that stupid, so why then did you say such rubbish to my face? you must have thought my brainless self would run away."

some people snickered, the sight before then was just what they wanted. who would win? everyone was eager to find out.

Melinda kept quiet because she could not give a fitting reply to Qaya's rants, she felt cornered.

Esquire Rachel appeared "from now, anything regarding this matter should be addressed to me, I am Lady Heris's representative.

Melinda cleared her throat and looked away "My representative will speak to you"

Melinda left in anger. "this is not why I came".

her mind went to Awin, what would he say to her? she's overreacting and needs to calm down, that's what he always thought.

"so annoying" she breathed "then again I AM overthinking it, King Awin will handle this"

Meanwhile

As Qaya got to the family residence she met her uncle's carriage.

"word really spreads fast" she mused. Her uncle was in the garden, he was reading a book and fumbling with the handle of his cane.

"you must have heard"

"this is only a stupid thing to do, if you just plan to really sue the Harbinger and expect justice to be served"

the girl snickered "I am almost heartbroken, uncle...I must be stupid then"

the man frowned and she burst into more laughter.

"I only kid you, that is not all I want from this"

"Qaya, I hope you take my counsel"

"I feel like I might not"

"your father, not just him but the whole family can help"

Qaya almost jumped out of her seat from shock, she looked around "what you ask for is taboo, uncle Francis...the least I can do for my mother after everything I've done is not defy the only rule she gave me"

"do you think your mother cares about grudges or principles in the state that she is? think about it, there are so many benefits. you'll enjoy protection since our family is a foreign family of diplomats, you can utilize the chain of businesses to your advantage, 'Hear' that's the name of your father's newspaper agency, it is influential outside of Easteford, so it's also useful"