Chapter 7: Is it Sex Or Is It Desire? pt. 1

AT the same time, Flor stood idly, outside one of her favorite lounges, not wanting to go in. She was quite truthfully, full of anxiety. Riddled with it. A characteristic she wasn’t particularly accustomed too.

    The young bus boys outside made shy glances her way enough awkward times, that she finally woman'd up and went inside. The setting sun kissing her tattooed back radiantly, in her near sheer, tangerine summer dress.

    She hated keeping things from Ro. Kept telling herself this was all for his benefit. Inside, her stomach was in knots over it, because she had slight ulterior motives. The thrill of that fact, also added a layer of mischief she often didn’t mind. All week she’d been plagued with questions and hadn’t seen Ero. Being alone wasn’t good for her. She didn’t know how Aporia could do it and she doubt Ro himself was alone.

    Yes, he was her best friend. Her everything. She loved him so much, beyond pretty words. She just wanted him happy. He needed to be free to find himself. Just first, she had to make sure he wasn't making a mistake. She had felt a glimmer of what he had that night with the mysterious Immortal and then he disappeared.

    Flor was never a jealous partner. They both simply had a understanding; that if one experienced something profound…. they both shared it. So it could at times be a little competitive. Never had it ever got out of hand. It was just a nice spicy experience for them. Then once they had found Aporia, she satisfied them in so many ways, it appeared that part of them was dormant for a time. Just now it felt like Ro was trying to keep this experience from her, and she wanted to know why. Needed to know. Of course she asked him, but he hadn’t answered. Said he would call this week.

    Flor knew she also had the penchant for wanting to be the first to have someone. So underneath it all perhaps she was a tiny bit jealous. She craved to be the one desired the most. The need, always burning in her. So innocent her intentions could be on the surface, beneath it was a desire to win whatever, she ever desired. So here she was.

    Walking in nervously, the young female red haired hostess seemed more unsettled than usual seeing Flor. She flushed from head to toe. Her youthful round face absolutely attentive to Flor. She openly gaped at her each time Flor visited the establishment. Flor was used to this and would often flirt with the impressionable youth. She was the walking embodiment of desire after all. Thus the adoration of the young mortal, wasn’t lost on her. Flor still loved most humans. Loved earth. Loved the thrill of their desires. She just knew, she wanted more.

    What that more was, she didn't know. She was still figuring things out. This was simply a step towards that, she assured herself confidently. It was a half lie, half truth.

    “Right this way,” The pretty hostess said, her round blue eyes looking back at Flor, at her low cleavage; blushing as she led her to her table. Once near her destination, Flor barely noticed the girl. She was absolutely God smacked. There at the table, was one of the most gorgeous spirits she'd laid eyes on in a long while; outside of Aporia. Her instincts had positively led her right….

    The woman herself, seemed just as attracted to Flor. Giving her a long, leisurely stare. "You must be, Flor. Very nice to apply a lovely visage, to the spirit it accompanies." She said easily, with that same old tongue accent Aporia held. It was similar in cadence to English or African tonality. Seemingly, stating that she was a far older entity than Flor originally had estimated. Maybe even more ancient than Aporia. All the elders of their kind had that particular accent.

    Flor held her breath as the woman stood with a formidable, feline grace. She wore a violet primrose blouse that popped with her golden dark bronze skin and cream colored trousers. The primrose was near the same shade as Flor's eyes. Her hair was dark and luscious falling in midnight waves near crafted as Flor's own. The woman favored South Asian features. Dark umber, sensuous, luminous eyes with thick, sculpted, arched brows. Flor's skin buzzed drinking in her beauty. She was an absolute feast.