Chapter 1: StarClan's Message

Cinderheart's POV

I was wandering around in complete darkness for what felt like moons, but then a bright light flashed and a dark tortoiseshell molly with stars in her fur slowly approached me. Her dark brown, stary, dappled pelt glowing in the light of the moon, and her warm amber eyes bright, as she stared straight at me.

"Hello, Cinderheart, my name is Spottedleaf, and I have come to give you a message," the tortoiseshell molly meowed and I just stared at her with a mix of confusion and excitement shining in my eyes.

"A-A message from StarClan? For me? What is it, Spottedleaf?" I inquired, tilting my head to the side and flicking my ears back and forth.

"When you wake up, you will have memories of a cat that's very similar to you, specifically, the memories of Cinderpelt, Firestar's first apprentice. And the medicine cat before Leefpool," Spottedleaf mewed, flicking her tail and staring at me with intelligent amber eyes.

"Wait what? Firestar's first apprentice? But I thought his only apprentice was Brambleclaw? He had another apprentice before that?" I fired off questions at Spottedleaf, who just sat calmly with her tail neatly curled over her front paws.

"Yes, Firestar had another apprentice before Brambleclaw. His first apprentice was a young hyper and free-spirited she-cat named Cinderpaw, who became a medicine cat named Cinderpelt," Spottedleaf explained, staring at me with an amused smile on her face, and a slight twitch of her tail.

"When will this all happen, Spottedleaf?" I asked and Spottedleaf laughed quietly and tapped me on the nose with a paw. I just pouted and batted her paw away with one of my own.

"What was that for, Spottedleaf?" I asked the dark tortoiseshell molly, who just laughed and turned to the other gathered StarClan cats.

"Oh, no reason, Cinderheart," Spottedleaf meowed, with a hint of amusement in her tone.

"I already told you that, Cinderheart," Spottedleaf mewed. I smiled sheepishly and stared down at my paws.

Suddenly the StarClan cats began to fade away, and then everything exploded into a brilliant flash of blinding white light.

My eyes shot open and I quickly stood to my paws, the sight the greeted me was the leafy walls of ThunderClan's medicine den.

I quickly shot up and stood to my paws, but I soon regretted it as the world spun and I had to close my eyes and slowly reopen them again. "Ah, I see you're finally awake, Cinderheart," a soft and sweet voice spoke up from somewhere close by. I looked around the den and my eyes soon fell upon two very familiar cats, the small light brown medicine cat, Leafpool, and the flame-pelted fur of ThunderClan's leader, Firestar.

"What happened?" I slowly asked the two cats in front of me. As I waited for them to get their thoughts in order, I let my thoughts wonder back to what Spottedleaf had told me. When you wake up, you will have memories of a cat that's very similar to you, specifically, the memories of Cinderpelt, Firestar's first apprentice. And the medicine cat before Leefpool. But what was Spottedleaf trying to tell me? And what does this mean for me? These thoughts kept racing through my mind like a raging tempest as I waited for either Firestar or Leafpool to start speaking.

Finally after what felt like three sunrises of waiting, Firestar finally spoke up. "Well you see Cinderheart... you took a pretty hard hit to the head, you've been unconscious for three days." He told me softly.

"Uh... Firestar? There's something I need to tell both you and Leafpool," I mewed in a nervous tone of voice as I looked up at my former mentor and my former apprentice.

"What is it, Cinderheart?" Leafpool mewed in a concerned tone of voice.

"I'm not Cinderheart anymore."

They both blinked and stared at me with confusion shining in their eyes. I understood why they looked so surprised and confused. I mean, come on, I just told them that I'm a cat who's supposed to be dead. So it makes sense why they're staring at me so strangely.

"What in StarClan's name are you talking about, Cinderheart?"

"Firestar, Leafpool," I meowed again to get their attention. "I'm not Cinderheart," I repeated. "I'm Cinderpelt."