Ch 2 ATTRACTION

( 1974, Lucknow, India)

( MEERA'S POV )

From the day I met that bastard, I could'nt stop thinking about him. He was handsome and good looking, he also has a cute dimple on his right cheek but right now he has maa's Saari and I need to get it back by any means.

But I am unable to come up with any plan so, until then I'll have to hide this problem from maa or else she'll kill me.

                            . . .

A few days went by and as it was March, the beginning of the summer, everybody was playing gully cricket with the grand risk of losing the ball and breaking someone's window.

I was looking at the game from my balcony which was attached from my room, I was alone today and was getting bored. I suddenly saw that same saari chor bastard.

How extrovert do you have to be? Like he just came three or four days ago and he is already in Rinku bhaiya's team and he only keeps the trusted and old members of the gully in his team.

As I was thinking all this I realised that I was staring at him and suddenly we made eye contact and he winked at me and went back to play like nothing happened.

He winked at me....he WINKED at me!?

Oh gosh what's wrong with him!

I stood stunned for a moment and took a deep breath to stop before I get flustered and decided to study.

                             . . .

As I was studying peacefully, I heard a sharp noise of glass falling and shattering, I quickly looked at my red flower vase and saw it on the ground broken in a million pieces it seemed.

It was my favourite. I felt rage blurring my mind and I stood up in an instant and grabbed the cricket ball from the ground and went in the balcony and screamed at the top of my lungs, '' The one guilty will have to come to me and apologize to get the ball back.''
As I screamed this, I looked around and saw the saari chor bastard looking scared with the bat in his hand. He definitely was guilty. I smirked at him and went back in.

Suddenly all the rage disappeared because well this was my chance to get the saari back.

I heard the bell ring and ran to open the door. As I opened the door I saw the bastard.
So, it was indeed him who was guilty, I thought to myself.

'' Look sweetheart, I am sorry we disturbed you and now can I get the ball back.'' He said.

'' You are really bad at this.'' I said and started leaving towards my room, knowing he would follow as I still had the ball in my hand.

He rushed before me and repeating sorry again and again while his other teammates were standing on the door giggling looking at him being so helpless.

He came after me till my bedroom and I stood against the wall near the broken vase and said,
'' You see, you didn't just disturb me but also broke my favourite vase, so how will you pay back?'' I asked with a glint of anger in my eyes.

'' Oh no I am so sorry, please tell me how can I make up for it?'' He said looking concerned, genuinely.

'' Let's make a simple trade, you give the saari back and apologies to me for calling me a fool and I give you the ball back, how does that sound?'' I announced with a light smirk.

He said he was okay with the deal and left while rolling his eyes as I stood waiting for him.

After a while, he came back with the saari and placed it on my bed and came towards me to take the ball from my hand as I was standing with the ball in my hand against the wall.