CH 6 REVERENCE II

( MEERA'S POV )

'' Madhav, you can tell me anything, I won't judge you, you can trust me.'' I assured him.

'' Meera, my father was since his young days, involved in underworld and illegal businesses, he married a woman whose family is also involved in a gang , so obviously as I am their son and they only involve men in all this, they got me into illegal things when I was in 9th grade, not even my sister knew about this, I used to skip school for this and I was so good at the things I did, the other gang members were quite jealous and the gang leader was thinking of making me his hier until, when I was in 11th I had to kill an innocent man, till now I was killing who were also involved in the buisness but killing an innocent man traumatized me, after that even my father was scared that I wasn't talking and was like a living corpse. Father took me out of all the illegal stuff in an instant as he was scared, and for the next whole year my life was a living hell.

The gang members would harras me, ask for money as their leader felt betrayed and that's why I moved here. I know this was alot Meera but the thing is that now I am far from those things, I want to lead a simple life with you. It's on you whether you want to stay with me or not as I should've told you earlier but this was a huge secret to me. I am sorry Meerae, I am sorry.''

I was shocked, I didn't knew how to react, I felt....numb.

                                                                      . . .

There was a long silence between us but not in my mind, my mind was filled with a thousand thoughts and questions, I mean, I come from a very simple background, so all this was scary to me, what am I supposed to say?

My heart was saying that its okay as he is a changed man now and wants to lead a simple life but my mind was still a bit scared.

As I was staring at the ground suddenly Madhav grabbed my hand as if he was panicked and asked me to run, I was confused but as I looked in his eyes, I saw horror.

We ran in some unknown narrow street, where we hid.

Panting, I asked, '' Wha, what happened?''

'' Meera, they are back after almost a year, they are back.'' He says, horrified.

'' Who Madhav who?'' I asked almost shaking.

'' The gang members, they found me again.'' He says being a little panicked himself.

'' Now what Madhav?'' I said with tears in my eyes and my voice cracking.

He stayed quite, as if he was planning something.
He now seemed less panicked and more calm and confident.

He looked at me, wiped my tears and cupped my face and asked, '' Meera do you trust me?''

Without a doubt I said ''yes I do.''

He just smiled and told me, '' Great, then try to stay as calm as possible, be alert and do as I say, there are four men and  all four of them have guns, so we have to be careful, you got me?''

'' Yes.'' That's what all I could say.

I do trust him because my heart says he is a good man who was stuck among bad people. He deserves all my love and respect as he is so brave to change himself for the better.

'' They have separated in the groups of two and one of the group is coming to our side, run with me.'' Madhav whispers.

We ran even deeper into the narrow streets, we kept running until we thought we were safe.