Chapter 1

Water splashes and footsteps could be heard throughout the sidewalks and busy roads. Every drop of rain hit the concrete ground, staining it with the liquid. It was raining hard the past few weeks, making it hard for students to walk back home. The gray, dim clouds hid the gloomy sky, yet it was only noon.

Three students could be heard walking down by some stores. A cheerful, charismatic voice kept chattering. Occasional laughs could be heard from this rainbow-eyed boy. The other two listened to him without interruptions, one kept a straight face as the other smiled. Fortunately, they were not soaked with the droplets of rain. The umbrella that the tallest male was holding helped them stay dry.

"We should go to the nearby cafe," The blonde boy recommended, "I'm hungry!"

The taller boy with a long beautiful black ponytail nodded in agreement, as the short pink-haired boy huffed.

"Douma, how are you hungry? You had a snack at school, five minutes ago! But fine. Only because it's raining hard out here," he said.

The joy showed in Douma's rainbow eyes and smile was brighter than the sun. He giggled and then ran towards a cafe, he imminently got soaked by the rain. He reached to the location and stopped. Douma motioned his hand for them to come over to the cafe.

"Come over here, Akaza and Kokushibo!" Douma called out.

Akaza groaned as he dragged Kokushibo by the wrist to get to the cafe faster. Kokushibo stops and pulls away. Akaza then looked over at Kokushibo. Kokushibo glared at Akaza coldly.

"Do not drag me, Akaza," Kokushibo says.

Akaza frowned and snatched the umbrella from Kokushibo.

"Hurry up, Douma is going to get damn cold because of his stupidity for running out like that," Akaza groaned.

Akaza then sprints with the umbrella towards the cafe, leaving Kokushibo alone in the rain. The rain hit Kokushibo instantly. He looked ahead at Douma and Akaza. He didn't follow them yet. He watched Akaza lecture Douma on how he shouldn't run off in the rain like that. Douma pats Akaza on the head and giggles. Akaza's cheeks warmed at the actions of Douma. Kokushibo stared at the perfect match. As the two chattered, Douma then blushed at Akaza's comments.

Kokushibo watches as the two go into the cafe together without him. More rain started to pour, and Kokushibo's hair looked like he just got out of a shower. His school uniform was also soaked. The entire sidewalk was now a dark gray due to the rain. There were puddles, almost everywhere.

"I guess I'm a side character in their love story," Kokushibo uttered, "The quiet and talkative aren't a match in this universe."

Since Douma and Akaza have forgotten about Kokushibo completely, Kokushibo decides to turn the other way to walk to the school, where the dorms are. He didn't walk though, he just stood there. He stared blankly at the cloudy sky. The weight put on his chest was heavy, as well as his shoulders since he has a backpack. He looked down at the ground, seeing the rain plop into the puddles.

Then, the rain stopped pouring on his head. Kokushibo sees a shadow and looks beside him. He sees his friend, Muzan holding an umbrella above him. Muzan looked up at Kokushibo, both making eye contact.

"You're soaking wet, Koku," Muzan stated, "And weren't you with Douma and Akaza?"

Kokushibo gave a dumbfounded look. He looked clueless. Muzan taps his foot on the wet concrete ground, waiting for a response from Kokushibo. After a couple of seconds, Kokushibo responded.

"Let's go to our dorm. We'll talk about this there," Kokushibo muttered.

Muzan reluctantly agrees as two males walk together in the rain. There was a peaceful silence between the two. But then, again. There was no silence at the same time. The rain plopping down was louder than a tiger. The streets were busy, multiple honks could be heard. Cars drove as puddles splashed. Yet it still felt peaceful between Kokushibo and Muzan despite the loud sounds around them.

Until Kokushibo had shattered the silence.

"Never knew you liked Hello Kitty," Kokushibo mentioned, looking at Muzan's umbrella.

Muzan stops walking and sighs. He turns his head to look at Kokushibo.

"That's Charmmy Kitty, dumbass," Muzan corrected, "Also responding to your statement, it was the only umbrella I had. I don't like Saniro."

Kokushibo was about to say something but he decided to drop the topic. They both continued to walk as the two chattered about something else. Then, a loud splash was heard as a car drove by. Kokushibo was now completely wetter than before. It looked like Kokushibo walked right through a waterfall.

"Damn, your hair is more than a mess," Muzan snickered.

Kokushibo stayed quiet, he had been having bad luck throughout the day. Later, they continued walking and eventually made it to the dorm's building. They stepped inside, touching the fuzzy black carpet that said, 'Welcome.' They brushed their feet against the carpet. Muzan closed his umbrella, and they then walked over to the elevator.

As they stepped inside, the elevator door closed. Kokushiblo clicked the button, '2.' Soon which felt like forever, the elevator door opened. They stepped outside of the elevator, walking to their dorm, 212. They were in front of their dorm, and Kokushibo searched his pants' pockets.

"Shit, I think I dropped my keys," Kokushibo said.

"It's fine, I'll use mine to open the door," Muzan says.

Muzan shoved his hand in his jacket's pocket. The sound of the keys could be heard, clashing together. He pulled them out of his pocket and started to unlock the dorm.

Kokushibo noticed a keychain attached to his keys. It was a Charmmy Kitty keychain, Kokushibo giggled a bit at the sight. Muzan unlocked the door and glared at him.

"Don't make me lock you out of our dorm," Muzan threatened as he put his keys back in his pocket, "I don't like Charmmy Kitty."

"I never said you did," Kokushibo said.

The door then slammed right in front of Kokushibo.

(Note)

This was an old draft I did months ago... I just rewrote it. I kept the Sanrio part because it led to Muzan slamming the door in front of Kokushibo.