Chapter 2

The door then slammed right in front of Kokushibo.

Kokushibo stood right outside the locked door. This isn't the first time this has happened, it's nothing new. It would take forever for Kokushibo to convince Muzan to let him in whenever his keys are missing. Kokushibo tapped his foot on the floor, thinking of ways for Muzan to let him in. He was not planning to stay outside the dorm soaking wet for a long time. So Kokushibo had to think of something.

Then, he thought of something brilliant... Considered cruel possibly to Muzan. He snickered thinking of his next words. Kokushibo then let out a sigh.

"Oh, well... I might as well need to call my brother for some help!" Kokushibo says. He knew that Muzan always feared his brother Yoriichi for some reason. For some reason... But that's for another story!

The mention of Yoriichi made Muzan shutter in fear, he quickly opened the door for Kokushibo. Kokushibo smiled delightedly, looking at his roommate with a snarky look. Kokushibo took his shoes off and hung his coat on a hook. Muzan was for sure annoyed. But he aggressively snatched a clean towel from a rack and then Muzan pulled Kokushibo's down to his height, roughly drying his hair with the towel.

Muzan took the hair tie out of Kokushibo's hair and continued to dry him. Kokushibo didn't do anything to stop his roommate. Free pet treatment is free to pet treatment! It's not like he minds.

"I'll take a shower instead," Kokushibo muttered.

Muzan stopped drying him and said, "Drying you just for you to get wet again?" He gave an annoyed look before mumbling something too quiet to hear.

(Note: "Can I join?")

Kokushibo got up from the crouched position he was in. He then walked on the carpet floor to the restroom. Kokushibo opened the door and stepped inside... The smell of cherry blossom perfume?! He sighed and thought, 'Daki must have broken in again...'

The tall male walked over to the shower, avoiding to look in the mirror. He turned on the shower, letting the water heat up before he got it. Kokushibo closed the door and...He didn't lock it.

Kokushibo slid down his wet pants and pulled up his soaked-up shirt. He threw them in the basket of laundry. Kokushibo stepped inside the glass shower. He closed the foggy glass door and drained himself with the steaming water.

He stood in the shower for a couple of minutes without washing himself. Kokushibo was lost in thought, thinking about his friends Douma and Akaza. He mainly had his thoughts focused on Douma. 

Would he ever be with Douma?

Would Kokushibo even confess his feelings to Douma in the first place?

Or would he stay as a side character? Watching from a distance, his crush falling for someone else.

Even worse, would Douma ever drift apart from him-

Creak... The door opened.

Muzan stood there, leaning on the door holding a towel and some clothes. He looked at Kokushibo's body unfazed. Muzan couldn't see much of it due to the fogged-up glass. Kokushibo stared at Muzan. Honestly, this was nothing new. A roommate barges in when their roommate is showering. Seems perfectly normal.

Muzan placed down the towel and Kokushibo's clothes on the counter, he mumbled something like "nice body" before taking his leave and closing the door. Kokushibo blushed in embarrassment but it was whatever. 

"Straight short Michael Jackson-looking boy. There's nothing wrong with him seeing me naked... It's normal," Kokushibo muttered to himself.

After Kokushibo finished his hot shower, he changed into his clothes. He again, avoids looking at the mirror. He dried his hair and put his hair in his usual ponytail. Kokushibo left the bathroom to his bedroom. 

He sees Muzan sitting on the side of his bed, "Hello Koku," he says looking at him with a smile.

Kokushibo never really understood Muzan. All he saw was his other friend or roommate, nothing more.

"So, will you talk about what happened earlier today?" Muzan asked.

Kokushibo recalled when Douma and Akaza left him to go to a cafe. He went to sit by Muzan and look down at the floor. He thinks of where to start with...

"Walkled together. Then, suddenly alone in the rain," Kokushibo said.

"Basically what you're saying is, you were with Douma and Akaza, hanging out with them, planning to go to the cafe together. Douma ran off and Akaza also ran off with him. Then, they go inside without you, leaving you alone in the rain. Is that correct?" Muzan guessed. No, no... Knew.

Kokushibo nodded to Muzan's statement. Muzan always understood Kokushibo, even when Kokushibo only explained in short words. But he never understood... Why in this universe, why does he like Douma and not him? 

'In this universe... We aren't a match,' Muzan thought to himself.