story of Shaun of the North region

Shaun awakes in a hotel room with a pounding headache and no recollection of his past

"Oh god, my head... where the hell am I?"

he looks out the window of the apartment only to see a destroyed city that's on fire and a thick cloud that covers the northwest side.

he searches his surroundings and finds a Glock and a few mags, 

"this should do... right?"

something then vibrates in his pocket, it is a tablet-like object

That reads 'Welcome to Alsbourn,  we noticed you had found a weapon! great job, now you have to find the keys they'll be on a person wearing a plague doctor uniform that carries a lamp staff good luck Shaun!' he puts it back in his pocket 

"Guess my name Shaun... let's find this stranger then"

he searched every room but a few of the rooms didn't open he did end up finding a shotgun but no ammo and a bulletproof vest, finally he reached the ground floor.

he notices a figure near the front door

"Hey hello?!"

the figure runs off, Shaun tries to follow it but he loses them in the dark abyss of alsbourn, the smell city smells of fire and death Shaun tries not to puke but failing throwing up on the sidewalk, 

he stumbles through the darkness then remembers he has a phone and ties it to his vest now being able to see but still wandering through the streets

a little while later he comes across some graffiti 'the cloud kills' with 4 lines probably eluding that 4 people have died to the cloud and likely more seeing as it was a few hours ago. 

"ok.. so phone how do I find this ... bird guy?"

'to find him you must kill another participant!'

"m-murder? I could nev-" Before he could finish someone opened fire on him leaving Shaun no choice but to hide behind the corner.

"h-hey stop! I'm friendly!!"

the person ignores him.

Shaun fires back but hits the window behind the person, Shaun is shot in the foot.

he wails in pain and falls to the floor. 

"p-please don't kill me!" Shaun begs

the person takes shauns gun and vest, the person has a bulletproof helmet, shaun notices something else, they wearing a bomb collar he feels it around his neck and notices he too is wearing one, but it seems it doesn't matter what it is for seeing the stranger pulled out a machete and drives it right into his heart.

the stranger loots Shaun and flees the scene, Shaun is bleeding out seeing the fog creep closer to him, he notices a light in the cloud... the 'bird man' he called it, as it walks toward him he feels a sense of peace wash over him... he thing grabs him and drags him into the cloud never to be seen again. 

There's a lot more of those 'residents' out there now than there were before they seem to come from the cloud...

end of surviver log #1.