🫀Oneshot: Nico's Death

I don't know why I keep writing sad stuff but this is Nico's death, Will sings "I bet on loosing dogs" by Mitski to him. The song might not fit the situation but it calms Nico.

(They're dating and in Tartarus)

•••

Will's P.O.V:

"No, no, no." Will mumbles as Nico collapses to the ground.

"This can't be happening! No!" The blond screams, crumpling to the ground next to Nico.

Blood was slowly spreading across Nico's abdomen and soaking his black shirt so it was even darker.

"Nico, Nico no-" Will sniffles, tears starting to stream down his face.

"Shh, It's okay." Nico mumbles, gripping his stomach.

Will sucks in a breath and pulls Nico close. As a medic Will knew his boyfriend wouldn't survive that gash. He was already weakened from Tartarus and now this. It would be fatal. But Will couldn't let that happen.

He couldn't loose him

"It hurts, Will..." Nico chokes, burying his face in Will's shoulder.

All Will could do now is comfort the boy.

"I know, I know. Deep breaths." Will whispers, stroking Nico's hair.

"I-I didn't know. I'm sorry." Nico mumbles, glancing down at his blood soaked hands.

Will wasn't sure what Nico didn't know but what he was sure of was that non of this was Nico's fault.

"Shh, don't talk." Will says, silencing the other boys quivering lips with a soft kiss.

"Distract me..." Nico whispers, a silent tear traveling down his cheek.

Will takes a deep breath and starts to sing a song Nico had always loved. Maybe it wasn't fit for this situation but hopefully it would calm the other boy.

"My baby, my baby." Will sings, choking on the last words.

Will takes a finger and wipes a tear of Nico's cheek.

"You're my baby, say it to me."

Nico closes his eyes, and Will grips his hand.

"Tell your baby that I'm your baby," Will sings, dropping his head to rest on Nico's.

The other boys body starts to go limp and Will feels his grip loosen or Will's hand.

                           No, no. He can't go

"I love you..." Nico manages to whisper, as his eyes fail to stay open.

Will's boyfriend was gone, his ray of sunshine was gone. Nico's body lay motionless and Will chokes out a sob.

"I love you too." He says, even though Nico couldn't hear him.

"I'll always love you, you're my everything."

Will's body gives up and sobs rake his body, Will claws at his skin leaving painful marks.

He wanted this feeling gone, he didn't want to be without Nico.

"No! No!" Will screams, shaking Nico viciously.

"Snap out of it Nico, Wake up! You're the King of Ghosts, get up!"

At this moment Will wished more than ever that he could raise the dead like his boyfriend, so he could bring Nico back.

"I can't do this without you!" Will shouts.

"I need you..." He whispers, slowly crumpling to the ground of Tartarus still holding Nico.

•••

499 words