💍Lucifer x Reader Pt. 1

Lucifer had been courting you for a couple of months already, the King of Hell finally deciding it was time to make the two of you official. The tension was so incredibly thick, that even the hotel's patrons were growing sick of having to watch the two of you dance aimlessly around each other. Charlie included.

The past couple of months were more than delightful – Lucifer treated you like a Queen, taking you out almost every other night, having nice candle-lit dinners, and dancing the night away. And if you weren't really feeling the glamour, the both of you would stay cuddled up against one another whilst watching some cliche rom-com. It was like a dream. It was perfect...well, almost

The very source of your concerns was the golden band that remained in Lucifer's ring-finger. You knew about the heart-break and torment that Lucifer underwent following his separation with Lilith. 

Understandably, having been together for many decades and centuries, the King had a difficult time trying to move on. Even in the earlier stages of your relationship, when he had been comfortable confiding in you, it was evident that he still deeply cared for Lilith, despite her absence. You tried to be understanding – you really, really did

But every time you held his hand, the cold metal feeling against your fingers set a painful reminder that maybe he still hasn't moved on completely. It filled you to the brim with self-doubt. Perhaps he was just keeping you around just to fill in the void she had left. And if that were the case, were you even doing a good enough job in that?

Hypothetically, if Lilith were to waltz in front of the hotel's doors one day, was he going to throw you off to the side and run away with her? What if he'd grow bored of you all of a sudden?Questions such as these would linger at the back of your head constantly, and as they did, you would cast a longing gaze in his direction. When he catches your eye, he would automatically send a smile your way, pearly-whites in full display. It would make you smile without fail, because how could it not? You loved that dashing smile of his. But everyday, you wondered if you could continue to maintain that smile in your life. 

One night in particular, during dinner at one of Hell's finest establishments, Lucifer noticed that something was off. Your smile hasn't been reaching your eyes, and you seemed like you were anywhere but here. Your eyes had a distant look to them and whenever he'd ask if something was wrong, you would become dismissive. It concerned him a lot.

"Darling, are you alright?" Lucifer carefully asked once you both made it to the front porch of the hotel.

"Was it the food? Was it not to your liking? Because the chicken was a bit off to be honest, it could've been a bit more seasoned–" 

"Luci," you intervened and grabbed his hands, giving them a reassuring squeeze. 

"The food was great, really. It's just..." As your voice trailed off, you were quick to feel that damn ring around his finger. Because, of course you did, and it didn't help your mood at all. You force out a huff and pull away, causing the demon's frown to deepen, "I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight – probably just lacking a bit of sleep." 

Lucifer scanned your face all over, his brows furrowed in worry. "Well...I guess you have been working harder for the hotel recently." There had been some truth in that – after all, there had been an influx of sinners in the hotel since the cancellation of this year's extermination. But he didn't seem to stop there, not fully convinced by your reasoning. 

"...But are you sure that's all, my dear?" You looked at him, surprised, as if suddenly caught red-handed. He was quick to pick up on that too, confirming his suspicions and making him all the more nervous.