Chapter 18: Help You Heal

Dixie's POV
December 20th 2023

Marching through the rest of the funeral was complete torture. The entire place was so silent that you could hear a literal pin drop. Noah's eyes were fixed onto the casket where his Father was lying down in. His hand was clasped into mine. He was holding on super tightly.

Finally the entire ceremony ended. Everyone started getting up from where they were sat and left. The lady next to Noah's Mother helped her stand up and I saw them walk into a black car. Ashton, Ella, Cash and Lewis all started walking out. Ella gave my other hand a reassuring squeeze. "I'll see you back at the house." she said to me quietly. I nodded.

Ice and James started walking too. James held back. "Me and Ice are going to get in the car, let Noah do everything at his own pace, we'll wait in the car for you guys." he muttered in my ear. I slightly smiled at him and nodded. Then he left.

"Baby do you want to go?" I asked Noah softly. His head was bowed down to the floor. I saw a tear drop down to his shoe. My arms immediately went around his neck. "Baby it's okay, let it all out." I said to him softly.

"He was such a fucking bitch, why am I tearing up about him. Their not tears of sadness there tears of pure anguish." he said.

"It's okay to cry baby. You don't need to be big and strong all of the time, crying helps people heal. Please, just take some time off of work. Let Ice or James control the Mafia for a bit. Please just let me help you heal." I pleaded to him.

He sniffled. He put his forehead against mine and I felt him nod. "Come on let's go home. Ice and James are waiting for us in the car." I said to him. He nodded again and gripped onto my hand and then we went into the car.

words: 340
paragraphs: 7