seven | the upside down

"Ready?" Nancy asked as Blair finished hammering a nail into her baseball bat

Blair nodded, "ready as I'll ever be." Blair shrugged as she picked up her bat.

Johnathan walked over to the kitchen and grabbed three knifes out of a drawer before passing them to Blair and Nancy.

"Remember..." Johnathan sighed.

"Straight into Will's room. And—" Nancy started.

"Don't step on the trap." Blair continued.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move." Johnathan added, "then..." Johnathan cut himself off as he held up a lighter in front of his friend, Blair and Nancy both nodded in understanding before they gripped the knifes and cut their hands.

———

"Did you hear that?" Nancy asked as she wrapped Blair's hand in a bandage.

"It's just the wind." Blair shook her head before looking over at Nancy, "don't worry. Joyce said the lights speak when it comes. Blink. I don't know."

"Think of them as alarms." Johnathan added before he looked into Nancy's eyes, "Nancy?"

Before Nancy could answer there was a loud knock on the door making the three friends jump in horror before a familiar voice spoke.

"Johnathan? Are you there, man? It's Steve!" Steve called out making Blair furrow her eyebrows, "I just want to talk." Blair rolled her eyes as she stood up to go answer the door.

"Steve, listen..." Blair started.

"Blair, what...?" Steve spoke breathlessly.

"You need to leave." Blair warned.

"I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" Steve mentioned.

"I don't care about that. You need to leave!" Blair shook her head.

"Listen, I messed up, okay?" Steve stammered making Blair's face fall. Steve Harrington was...apologising? Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

"Steve, I know you want to make things right but...trust me. You have to leave." Blair begged, Steve sighed before looking towards Blair hand.

"What happened to your hand?" Steve asked worriedly, "is that blood?"

"No, it was an accident." Blair shook her head.