Chapter 36

Taehyung's POV

I looked at Siya who was sitting in front of the mirror trying to hide all the marks with her makeup. I smirked before saying. "My marks are not that easy to hide, my Sunshine." She looked at me through the mirror.

"Now I won't go anywhere, I don't even have a turtle neck top right now." She said throwing her makeup sponge with a pout. I laughed walking towards her. I bent to her level holding her shoulders, our eyes met in the mirror. "Let everyone know that we belong to each other." I said huskily. She slapped my hand lightly. I saw her picking up the sponge again and started doing her work. I shook my head.

Street Market

"Unnie. Why there is lots of difference between your face and neck color?" she suddenly asked. Siya laughed awkwardly. "Nothing li-ke that Nayan. I think the problem is with your eyes." She said and left from there immediately leaving Nayan dumbfounded. "Do you think I m dumb?" She said to herself and smiled evily knowing what exactly was that. 

Taehyung and Siya were now enjoying the view of the busy city while standing at a little higher place in the market. "There are so many people." She said making him nod. She fell silent for a moment and spoke. "Moony, can I ask you something?" he nodded at her pulling her closer. They were now standing face to face. 

"If you loved me so much then why did you marry me forcefully?" His face fell dull listening to her question. He swallowed a lump of his saliva before answering her. "I thought you were in love with that Seojoon, that's why." She nodded understanding his situation. "And you kept saying that you got married to me to protect me. May I now who is that person who I should be protected from?"

He looked at her softly and thought for a moment. Her expectant eyes were making him feel the urge to tell her the whole truth but will she be able to take it? Is she ready for it yet? "Tell me Tae." 

"Do you trust me? Will you believe me?" He asked her and she nodded her head curtly. "The person who is tryi-" before he could utter his words. A dagger passed through the space in between them. Their eyes widened and they looked in the direction where it came from. 

Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw around 10 to 15 people dressed in black with masks on, were coming towards their direction. He cursed to realize that he didn't have any weapon with him. He held Siya's hand tightly and started to run. They looked back only to find those people chasing them. 

"Mo..ony what's happ-ening?" Taehyung took a turn in an alley. "I don't know." They both ran as fast as they could. They abruptly stopped when a man came in front of them. Taehyung held his hand who came to stab him while Siya let out a scream. He twisted his hand kicking that man and didn't waste a second to run along with Siya. They kept looking back and found two of them were behind them. Taehyung took a chair that came his way throwing it at the men behind them. He ran again. 

By now, they both were panting heavily. "Tae...who are they..." Siya asked between her breathes. Taehyung dragged her towards a small space to hide. He immediately dialed someone. "Listen up, I m sending you my location. Someone is attacking on me. Send the team asap." He ordered seriously while Siya was still in shock. "Tae.." She looked at him with her fear eyes. 

"Everything will be okay." He assured her pecking her forehead. "There they are." A man shouted and Taehyung didn't waste a second before running from there but to their bad luck there was no way further except for a high wall. They both looked back and saw those men blocking every way for them to escape. A man came running towards them with a knife but Taehyung was skilled enough to dodge it. He twisted that man's hand and kicked him making him fall.