Chapter.4

His breath was getting a little bit more tense as Y/n had wrapped the makeshift tourniquet around his lower belly, and his eyes were now closing slowly, and his consciousness was fading.

A small sense of panic washed over him, as he felt that this might be the end.

As Price arrived though, he felt slightly relieved by the fact that they had arrived so quickly after the call had been made.

"Gaz and Soap have checked the perimeters, we're clear. How's Ghost holding up?" Price asked. "Not well," she grimaced, trying to keep her cool she sat up.

"Hes.. not doing well." She stuttered out as she tried to keep her cool despite the state that he was in.

She continued to grip onto him and keep the makeshift tourniquet tight, as she tried to stop the bleeding.

She held his hand once again, his grip was growing weaker, and he was still unconscious.

"Let's get him to the med-bay." Shepherd grumbled out.

"Yeah..." She whispered, her breath hitched as she let go of his hand and helped Price move him.

They slowly started to carry him towards the med-bay, as she glanced up at Price.

She was still holding the makeshift tourniquet for a bit longer after she had let go of ghost, and she was shaking.

"Keep it together, Y/n, you need to stay strong for his sake." Price lay Ghost down, quickly assessing his wounds. Y/n grabs the antiseptic and pulls his shirt over Ghosts head, wiping the blood and cleaning his wound preparing for the stitches.

She nodded softly as she listened to Price, her eyes still filled with worry as she watched him lay down Ghost properly and assess his wounds.

She then grabbed onto the antiseptic and pulled his shirt over his head, cleaning and wiping away the blood from the wound.

Once it was cleaned up, she tried to move the makeshift tourniquet, wanting to replace it with something more suitable and sterile, but she did not touch anything, as she waited for Price to start the stitching.

The bullet had shot clean through, leaving a hole through his stomach and out his back, missing his nerves and spine completely.

As Price explained the state of the wound, her heart sunk even lower.

How lucky of a shot the sniper had must have been, to avoid hitting any important nerves and spinal cords.

She shuddered at the thought if they had hit something like that, he could've been paralyzed for the rest of his life.

A small sense of relief washed over her, as she set up the IV line for him.

Thankfully he hadn't lost too much blood, and she was hoping that his condition would remain stable for now.

He was still unconscious though, and she was growing more unsure about his condition by the minute.

She had moved back to him as she kept an eye on his condition, when she noticed that he was starting to stir.

She could feel herself perking up, as she watched him starting to move and stir up a little.

She put her hand on his chest, trying to find his heartbeat.

"Simon," she whispered.

As he stirs, he lets out a small groan as she whispers to him and puts her hand on his chest.

He opens his eyes slowly for a moment, before they close again as he lets out another groan.

She could feel his chest rise a little bit every time he breathed in, as she checked his heartbeat again.