Chapter 5

Zayaan shook his head as Azaan moved out and indulged himself in work.

Izhaan how did you met Zayaan today? Didn't you know that they – Alizeh asked Izhaan as she put zaavi to sleep.

I don't know Alizeh, he was the person I was supposed to have a meeting today, first I thought it was a delusion but when he introduced himself as Zayaan Ibrahim Khan, I couldn't be wrong about him – he sighed.

Obviously you love him so much Izhaan, gut instincts can't be wrong, I am glad you found him finally – alizeh said as she took his hand in hers and caressed his knuckles that were a bit bruised due to fight.

Izhaan: yeah, Alhamdulillah! But how am I going to make it alright I don't know. There is a big time gap between us.

Alizeh: Don't worry, he will understand you, what about others?

Izhaan shook his head: I don't know about anyone.

Alizeh; it's alright. I am always here you know. You will do it too.

Izhaan smiled as he kissed her head: I know and thankyou, the way you greeted him so warmly today - alizeh cut him off: you don't need to thank me izzi, you have always worked a lot more than that for me, then should I thank you for leaving everything behind and shifting back just because my mama isn't doing fine.

Izhaan shook his head: you know what, let's don't thank each other, there is nothing yours and mine, it's ours okay?

Alizeh smirked: that was what I was trying to tell you.

Izhaan smiled gently as he looked at her with adoration in his eyes: I love you Alizeh!

Alizeh blushed as she snuggled in his embrace: I love too Izhaan.

Zayaan leaned back as he stretched his neck that was sour due to working for hours.

Zayaan closed the laptop and got up from the chair to head out. As he was passing by the corridor, his heart couldn't help but ask him to check on azaan once. Subconsciously he moved towards his room.

Azaan's room door was opened, so Zayaan quietly went inside.

Azaan was sleeping while his comforter was on the floor, Zayaan shook his head at his baby brother as he picked up the comforter from the floor and wrapped it properly on him. It was really cold outside, so he placed his hand on his cheek to check the temperature.

And as he expected, Azaan was very cold but the stupid boy was sleeping without a comforter.

Zayaan sighed as took Azaan's palm in his checking it.

He blinked away the tears as he saw red lines on his palm. Yes he does punish him, but that doesn't make him a heartless monster, he loves his baby brother a lot. He is just bad at comforting and he has reasons for that.

he got up and went to the kitchen. There he opened the first aid box and took an ointment out. Just as he was about to exit the kitchen, he was met with Neelum.

Zayaan: mama you here

Neelum: yeah I came to take water, but what are you doing here this late.

Zayaan: I- I just – he trailed off knowing Azaan doesn't like others knowing about his punishment.

Neelum smiled as she saw the ointment in his hand: it's okay. but come here with me first – she took his hand and lead him to the kitchen counter as she sat down in front of him

Neelum: Aan, what happened today?

Zayaan looked at her shocked: huh! Nothing mama

Neelum shook her head with a gentle smile: you don't need to  lie aan, it's okay if you don't want to share but I know something is disturbing you, you know we both are always here, you don't need to stress out about anything, it's your age to enjoy life okay?

Zayaan could just nod his head as he felt very grateful for her, she might not be his blood mother but her mother instincts always managed to undo him.

Neelum got up as she kissed his head: relax and sleep now it's late.

Zayaan also smiled and hugged her: thankyou mama – and moved out without letting her reply because he know he will get an earful for thanking her.

Neelum just smiled whole heartedly as she filled the water in the jug and move to her room.

On the way she saw Zayaan applying ointment to Azaan's palms and kissing them before moving to his room.

Timeskip to next morning;

Alizeh, I am taking your car today, I will also drop Zaavi on the way, do you need to go anywhere? – Izhaan said as they were done with breakfast.

Yeah, drop me to mama's – alizeh said as she put the utensils back to kitchen.

Ok, Zaavi wait a bit here baby – Izhaan said as he helped alizeh wash the utensils.

Yes they don't have a maid, not because they can't afford one but because it's uncomfortable to have an outsider between you all the time.

Both of them cleaned their hands as Izhaan moved forward and picked Zaaviyar: let's go baba will get you ready today.

Yayyy- zaavi squealed

Alizeh just looked at their back and smiled wholeheartedly as she thanked Allah SWT for blessing with such a beautiful family. She just wished Izhaan could have his too.

On the other hand, khans did their breakfast and Zayaan dropped Azaan to his school.

Maybe that was a compensation for the previous night because normally it's the driver that drops and picks Azaan from school but the boy absolutely loves it when Zayaan does this and he have never been quite about it.

Even though the boy has always been vocal about him, there is a communication gap between brothers. Zayaan would always do things without vocalizing about them and Azaan, he is too young to notice them.

Azaan always wonders there's only 4 years gap between them, but there's never been friendship between them, it was always an elder and younger brother relation.

He often feels jealous of Aina when he sees Ayaan being her partner in crime, maybe having an eldest brother is the reason for that. He just shook his head when he couldn't understand his messed up thoughts since they were too much for his young mind.

Ok we are here – Zayaan announced as he pulled in front of school gate.

Azaan nodded: Allah hafiz bhai

Zayaan smiled a bit: Allah hafiz, study well and don't create troubles okay?

Azaan: g bhai

He went out as he spotted Aina and waved at her.

Zayaan reversed the car back as they entered the school.

To be continued...

finally updated the next chapter. will be waiting for your honest reviews.

pls vote and do inline comments.

and Take care <3