Chapter 3

When I went up to my room, I heard blondie call my name and follow me upstairs. "What do you want?" I asked .

"Look, you don't need to get an attitude with me. No wonder your mom doesn't want you anymore. I mean I've been begging your dad to turn your moms offer down. I should be the only woman in your dads life!" She rambled.

I stared at her blankly, but on the inside I was fuming. "Look you plastic piece of sh*t, I don't know who you think you are, but what I do know is that you are going to stop speaking to me any type of way you want. Secondly, jealousy doesn't look good on you, it's not working, just like your fake spray tan. I mean, are you really that scared that my dad will pay more attention to me than you? And last but not least, my dad will get tired of you and leave you, so don't get too comfortable. You don't know me, so don't pretend you do." I say calmly.

She looks about ready to break down, but all she does is turn around and go back downstairs, probably to go cry to my dad.

I continue on my way to my room and slam the door and lock it. I throw myself on my bed and close my eyes, today has been hectic. Someone knocks on my door and I go to open it. It is my mom, so I let her in. She steps into my room and I go back to my bed. She sits next to me and says, "Aubri, I'm so sorry I didn't talk to you about this first. I just want what is best for you. I'm only doing this because I love you."

"I know mom, and I just want to say that I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I did. It was wrong to bring your marriage into the conversation and if this is what you feel is the best thing to do for me, then I'll do it."

She stares at me wide eyed, probably surprised that I agreed with her. She reaches for me to give her a hug and I do. As much as I don't want to do this, all I want is to make my mom happy and I'm willing to do this for her and that's the only reason I'm doing this. For her, I remind myself.

The next day, I start packing most of my stuff and when I'm done I go take a shower. I wash my hair and wash myself with my vanilla scented body wash.

When I'm done washing up, I just stand in the water and think to myself. Am I going to make friends? Will I become better at showing my feelings in a non aggressive way? Am I capable of change? I hurry and get out of the shower. Tomorrow is moving day and to say I'm nervous is an understatement.

I change into my pajamas and go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be interesting and I don't know if that's good or bad.

The next morning, I wake up and look around my room. I'm going to miss this place. I get up and get dressed for the day. I pick out a red flannel, a black tank top, and some black ripped skinny jeans. I go to my closet and pick up my black combat boots and put them on.

I head to my bathroom and brush my teeth and wash my face. I brush my hair, not bothering to straighten it or put makeup on. Lastly, I put on all my jewelry. I had so many piercings. My mom absolutely hates my piercings but she won't have to see them for two months, so that should satisfy her.

I go downstairs to the kitchen and make myself some cereal, since I'm not really a breakfast eater. Then I go back upstairs to make sure I packed everything. My mom calls me down, saying that my dad is there to pick me up. I grab my bags and go downstairs to see my dad standing by the door. He walks over to me to try and grab my bags, but I pull away. "I got it." I say harshly.

He just nods and heads outside, along with me and my mom trailing behind him. I turn to face my mom and she pulls me into a hug. I hug her back and turn around before she can say anything and head to my dad's shiny, black escalade.

I put my bags in the back and go to the passenger seat and close the door loudly. My dad talks to my mom for a little bit, then gets in the car. My mom waves, but I just stare at her. This is it, I won't see my mom for a whole two months. My dad backs out of the drive way and onto the main road. This is the start of my new life.

AN
Let me know if you find any mistakes, this chapter is not edited. I'm working to come up with a schedule to update. I hope you like this chapter! I also changed the title.