Part- 14

Next Day-
At Mumbai Court-

The air in the changing room crackled with a tension Y/N hadn't anticipated. Here, in the sterile confines of the Mumbai courthouse restroom, she wrestled with the emerald green lehenga Misha had insisted on. It felt like a costume, a foreign shell on her familiar frame. The silver ring, heavy on her finger, (which jungkook gave her early morning to wear it was just a formality) was the only constant, a cold reminder of the reason she was here.

This wasn't a fairytale wedding, not by a long shot. This was a contract marriage, a carefully constructed web spun by necessity. On one end, Jungkook – her idol, her inspiration, and a secret melody playing in her heart. But that melody was muted by the reality of Misha, his ex-PA, whom jungkook love.

Misha, the architect of this elaborate charade. Her departure from Jungkook's side, paving the way for Y/N, felt like the first act in a play Y/N wasn't sure she fully understood.

Whispers of a love, once shared and now shattered, lingered in the air whenever y/n saw Jungkook's eyes it was saying only Misha, this much he was in love with her but in reality which she didn't knew that Misha don't love him, it's only coming from the side of jungkook. (before or in past parts, we have seen their conversation).

Here innocent Y/n unaware of that there's more Misha going through and she was going to do something bigger to take revange from her biggest enemy. A flicker of cold fury ignited in Misha's eyes whenever a certain name – Digvijay Das – was mentioned.

The pieces clicked into place. A story Misha had shared in hushed tones, a story of betrayal. A broken promise of marriage, a devastated sister –Shikha– all at the hands of the ambitious Digvijay. Misha, fueled by a righteous fury, sought revenge. And Y/N, caught in the crossfire, became a pawn – a beautiful pawn adorning Jungkook's arm.

He understood, but Y/N didn't, Because this lie of marriage bothering her even tho she suggested about fake marriage.

He understood the hidden motives, the bigger picture. His own motivations for this charade were financial – accessing his late grandfather's overseas account, a lifeline for his struggling company, JJK Entertainment. Yet, a silent understanding bloomed between them. He knew of Misha's motivations, and with a heavy heart, agreed to be her weapon.

A knock on the door startled Y/N from her reverie. It was Jungkook, his breath catching slightly at the sight of her. The harsh fluorescent lights seemed to find a new focus, highlighting the vibrant green that hugged her curves, a stark contrast to the casual clothes he was used to seeing her in.

"Wow," he breathed, voice husky. "You… you're looking pretty."

Y/N felt a blush creep up her neck. "This isn't really my style, I should have to change it—" she admitted, fiddling with the unfamiliar fabric.

Jungkook chuckled, his smile warm. "Ah no no...Well, it suits you. Makes you look like…" He trailed off, searching for the right words. "Like royalty."

Y/N smiled back, a touch wistful. "Royalty with a secret mission, maybe?"

Jungkook's smile faltered slightly. He knew exactly what she meant. This contract marriage, this carefully constructed facade, wasn't just about money. It was about revenge, about healing a broken heart. And somewhere in it all, a flicker of something more, an unspoken truth that danced between them, waiting to be acknowledged.