CHAPTER:3 - CONNECTION

Reem found herself standing in a sunlit garden, surrounded by colorful blooms swaying gently in the breeze. The air was alive with the sweet scent of jasmine and roses, mingling with the laughter of children playing nearby.

In her mind's eye, Reem saw herself as a young girl, wearing a flowing dress that billowed around her as she twirled amidst the flowers. The warmth of the sun kissed her skin, and a gentle breeze tousled her hair, carrying with it the sound of birdsong and the rustle of leaves.

She reached out to touch the petals of a nearby rose, feeling the softness of its velvety texture beneath her fingertips. The vibrant colors of the garden danced before her, a kaleidoscope of hues that seemed to shimmer in the sunlight.

On her wrist, she wore a bracelet identical to the one she had glimpsed on the stranger—a delicate chain adorned with a heart-shaped charm, its surface gleaming in the dappled sunlight. It was a gift from someone dear to her heart, a symbol of love and cherished memories.

As Reem twirled and danced amidst the flowers, laughter bubbling from her lips, she felt a surge of warmth wash over her, enveloping her in a cocoon of nostalgia and longing. But beneath the surface, there was also a tinge of sadness, a sense of loss that she couldn't quite place.

Tears welled in Reem's eyes as she relived the bittersweet memory, her heart aching with the weight of years gone by. But even as the tears fell, she couldn't quite grasp the cause of her sorrow. It was as if a part of her past had been locked away, hidden from view, waiting to be rediscovered.

"Why does this memory hurt?" Reem questioned herself, her voice a whisper amidst the symphony of nature around her. What was it about this particular moment that stirred such intense emotions within her? Was it the innocence of youth juxtaposed with the harshness of reality? Or perhaps it was the reminder of a love lost, a friendship faded, or a dream unfulfilled?

As Reem pondered these questions, tears welled in her eyes, blurring the edges of the garden scene before her. She longed to linger in this moment forever, to hold onto the fleeting glimpse of her childhood innocence just a little while longer.

But even as she reached out to grasp at the fading memories, the vision began to dissipate, like mist evaporating in the midday sun. With a heavy heart, Reem found herself back in the present, the bustling cafe once again surrounding her.

Reem blinked back tears as she returned to the present, her eyes still lingering on the bracelet wrapped around the girl's wrist.

"Are you alright?" a soft voice broke through the haze of her thoughts, bringing her back to reality.

She blinked, realizing she had been lost in her reverie. A concerned young girl stood before her with worried expression.

Managing a faint smile, Reem nodded, her mind still lingering on the fragments of her childhood memories.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" she asked, her eyes filled with worry.

Managing a reassuring smile, Reem nodded. "Yes, I'm fine, just a bit startled," she fibbed, not wanting to cause a scene.

The girl's concern softened, and she offered a bottle of water with an apologetic tone. Grateful, Reem accepted the gesture, taking a sip to calm her nerves.

Feeling more composed, Reem assured the girl that she was alright. "Thank you, I'm feeling much better now," she said, returning the smile.

The girl, visibly relieved, bid her farewell with a genuine smile before hurrying off, leaving Reem to ponder the strange encounter.

Taking a moment to collect herself, Reem resumed her exit from the cafe, her mind swirling with memories and unanswered questions. As she took a sip of her coffee, she couldn't shake the feeling that the encounter had stirred something deep within her, igniting a spark of curiosity and longing.