Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

     It was the time of my life I was waiting for since I was 4 years old. The Eiffel Tower always made my heart pump faster and faster just thinking about it. 

      My name is Lilian Windheimer. People call me Lillie. I am 17 years old, and it's the end of senior year. My French class is taking a trip to Paris this Spring Break and since my parents didn't have the money to send me there, I was saving up for about 11 months to earn 350 dollars. This was a lot harder then I thought it would be. I never could go to the mall with my friends or see a movie because of how much this trip meant to me. But, I got through it, and I am ready to be set free in France, or at least I hope I am. 

"Lillie! C'mon! It's time to go meet your French class at school!" My mom called. 

"Okay, coming!" I said as I was finishing my last minute packing. 

I couldn't really imagine that in 24 hours I would be in the city of love, hope, dreams. I couldn't believe this was actually happening to me.

"Are you ready?" asked my dad.

"Yes, I believe so." I answered as I was picking up my suitcase.

As I got to school, my parents stepped out of the car. They looked at me. They smiled. They cried.  They hugged so tight just as my grandfather did. 

"Mom, dad, it's okay. It's only 2 weeks." I said.

"Honey, it doesn't matter how long this trip is, we are just so proud of you. So proud to be your parents." My mom cried. 

"Thank you both, I am proud to be your daughter." I said as I was walking to the door of my school.

They both waved, they both walked away. Even though this will be hard from my parents to see me go to a different country, this will be good for me to see what I want to do with my life. 

                                                                     Plane Ride to Paris

The plane ride to Paris was 9 hours from Indiana. Even though it will be long, it is worth it. I will be in a city that I have been dreaming of for 12 years. I will be in the city of dreams, love, hope. I have just been thinking and thinking if I belong here. Dreaming and dreaming if I deserve this. But, I know that am lucky to even get the oppertunity to go to France. 

                                                   Landing in Paris, France, getting to the Hotel

We were landing in Paris. I was flying over the Eiffel Tower. I had such an amazing feeling. This feeling was that I have made it. I have made it in that point of my life that I could only dream to happen. But, it is reality. 

"Okay, everyone, please stand in line, and I will tell you who you will be with in your dorm when we get to the hotel." Explained Madame Joly.

"Alright, first, Lillie, you will be with Sara. You are both in dorm 123 floor 4." explained Madame Joly.

"Thank you." I thanked.

"OK, carry on now!" Madame Joly said.

We  then, went on the bus to go to the hotel. We arrived 15 minutes later.

"Hi, I am Lillie. Nice to meet you! We will have a lot of fun! What do you want to do first?" I asked Sara.

"Um, well, with you, nothing."