Chapter 1

As you walk down the hall with a bouquet of roses, you look over to your best friend, Baekhyun. You had been staying over at his house for the past day and it was finally time for you to go home. Baekhyun walked close to you, arm around your waist. You only saw him as a best friend, but you enjoyed how comfortable he was around you. You led him to your apartment, and once you got there, you stood at the door as you searched for your key.
"Thank you for today," you say with a smile on your face, "it was nice to get out of the house." Baekhyun nods and smiles, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Don't mention it. I wanted to spoil you," he said. There was your explanation for the dozen of roses in your hand.

You finally find your key and tap the door, unlocking it, and you hold it open with your foot as you say your goodbyes. Baekhyun smiles at you, wrapping his arms around you in a tight hug and then kissing both your cheeks when he pulled away. You smile brightly then wave him goodbye. Walking into your apartment, you shut the door behind you, checking your phone for new notifications. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a black carry-on suitcase and a black-on-black Louis Vuitton duffle bag. Your stomach dropped. You look up, seeing your husband, Chanyeol, leaning against the kitchen island with his arms crossed. He was supposed to be away on a business trip – he must've come home early.
"Who was that?" he asks. You freeze, attempting to find an excuse.

"It was my friend, we went out to go get coffee then we went to the flower shop around the block," you explain, hoping he'd believe you. You weren't about to get caught cheating on your husband of three years.

Chanyeol stares at you, not a thought behind his eyes. Thanks to the reflection of the lights, it looked like he had a fire in his pupils. You scan his body and notice something wrapped in his fists.

"What's this?" he asks, opening his palm. Your promise ring, engagement ring, and wedding band were all stacked in the middle of his palm.

"I took them off so I wouldn't lose them or get robbed-"

"Yeah right."

"What?" you say out loud. He reaches to his side and picks up your iPad, unlocking it and opening Messages. He looks back up at you, waving you over with his pointer finger. You slowly walk over, uneasy, knowing everything on your phone immediately went to your iPad as well.

"Do you want to go out today? Yes of course, when? Whenever, you can spend the night since Chanyeol is out of town. Packing my bags right now." he reads. "Sound familiar?" he asks, looking at you with darts for eyes.

You stumble over your words, eyes watering as you become overwhelmed trying to find words that would cooperate and spill out your mouth.

"Chanyeol, please, you know me and him are just friends," you plead. Chanyeol nods his head, tossing your iPad to the side and crossing his arms. You notice a two-foot black and blue Kuromi plush, perfectly bloomed light blue tulips, and a big white box of chocolates.

"Why the fuck do you think you can lie to me like I'm not going to find out? How stupid are you to think I'm not smart?" he flares, "I leave for five days, bust my ass to come home early to surprise my wife with her favorite flowers, chocolates, and Kuromi plush, only for her to be cheating on me with one of my co-workers. Do you know how much of a fucking bitch that makes you sound like? I didn't marry so you can go run around knowing I'll still be here. I married you to make you mine and mine only."

"Chanyeol-"

"Enough." he says bluntly, moving you out of the way so he could storm off to the living room. You chase after him, grabbing his wrist to stop him. He looks back at you in the corner of his eye and yanks his wrist out of your hand, continuing his path. He stands in front of the large window that outlook Seoul.