Chapter Six: Linh

Linh couldn't sleep. The day had gone by and nobody seemed to think to fill her in on anything- and something was obviously happening. Well- that wasn't true. Wylie did stop and visit, apparently he had been shopping in Atlantis before. He had seemed pretty upset.

Linh blushed at the thought that she was the first one Wylie had gone too. She did not deny her crush on the tall, handsome graduate, even with the age gap. Yeah, it was pretty stupid- but she couldn't help it. There was something about his calm, reassuring smile. . .

But Tam would not like that. No- Tam would hate it. But he had to be the most disinterested person on Earth when it came to romance. Ugh- lately her twin was starting to get annoying. She wanted to punch him in the face for all the time he spent around Glimmer- like he trusted her. It made Linh sick.

She sighed as she sat up. Yeah, she wasn't getting any sleep right now so why bother trying? Instead, Linh made her way to the pile of files she had organized the other day. She had found them all around some of the Black Swan's hideouts. She thought it wouldn't hurt to borrow them for a bit.

Linh picked the top one off of the stack and glanced at it. It was thinner than the rest. 

To her surprise it was labeled: "CLASSIFIED FILE BY MR. ERROL LOKI FORKLE."

Pleased with herself, she opened it.

CLASSIFIED FILE BY MR. ERROL LOKI FORKLE- PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Project Sensetelepis:

I thought I'd make a project based on one of the elves'  most rare ability. But as it doesn't make much sense, I must explain.

The Old Ability Ways:

Through years and years, I have conducted my research on something that even the Council does not remember, no not even Councillor Bronte. But after my hundreds of years dedicated solely to Project Sensetelepis, I have finally received an answer.

All elves have an ability. There is no such thing as a 'Talentless' elf. But how is this possible?

Millennia ago, our abilities were known as 'Control Set Abilities'. This was the name because of how we control nature- whether through an elemental, mental, or other source. But there were also three more abilities. These were classified as 'Skill Set Abilities.' These were not a control of nature- in fact they cannot produce anything extraordinary. In fact, these abilities are simply just a skill any elf can have- without a Skill Set Ability. But, without a Skill Set Ability, the elves cannot reach their full potential without one. These abilities were Brewer, Animaur, and Lifter.

A Brewer is excellent at creating elixirs and potions alike. An Animaur is great with animals and a Lifter is an excellent Telekinetic. 

No other elf without these abilities can reach the full potential of creating elixirs, being good with animals or achieve strong Telekinesis.

Alas, the Council rewired the system so that anyone with a Skill Set Ability is considered 'Talentless.' Over time, we have forgotten the potential of each of us.

Records:

Kesler Dizznee: Brewer

Rex  Dizznee: Brewer

Timkin Heks: Animaur

Bad Matches:

The truth of the match has been lost. But it was originally to stop an elf with a Skill Set Ability to have a child with an elf with a Control Set Ability.

This is because a skill ability and a control ability should never mix. Luckily, it is very rare that it does mix. Normally, their children will either have a Skill Set Ability or a Control Set Ability.

However, on VERY rare occasions, they can produce a child with the ability Sensetelepis.

Sensetelepis is an ability both skill and control. It is an ability that enhances the emotions in others through Telekinesis. Some powerful emotions such as joy, fear, and anger can create powerful interbalances. Such as anger can project outward and produce a force that hits harder than a punch. Joy can transfer health to those who are sick or injured and cure them.

It is such a remarkable ability and has only been seen one. But as that elf is now dead, the only other Sensetelekinetic are Miss. Stina Heks and Mr. Dexter Dizznee.

I hope I can train them to use their unique gift.

---

Linh looked up. Her mind was spinning too fast to track the flow of her thoughts. The river was running too quickly.

She took a deep breath to steady herself. She needed to show this to Dex and Stina.