Prologue

Gumi sat on her deck. It was kind of late out, like that time in the summer where you never keep track of the time, so you have no idea what time it is. She sat and watched her sunflower.
Gumi had never had 'friends'. And it never bothered her. She had a garden. In school, people were always trying to ignore her, and they did it well. No one ever wanted to be her partner in projects, no one cared about her at all. They were to caught up in crushes and the like. Gumi had a crush once. It had ended bitterly. Once she had gotten all the courage to confess, he harshly rejected her. Gumi was sure never to love again.
The summer breeze lifted the scent of the flowers into the air. Gumi took it, and relaxed as it filled her up. Her short green hair was tied up in a ponytail. She had on shorts and a t-shirt. Gumi had just stopped gardening. She was done for the night. Gumi stood up. "It's too cloudy to see the stars..." she complained. "Oh well, I'll just go to bed anyway."
Gumi walked into her small house. It was tidy and cozy. She never wanted to move from it. She took out her hair and went into her bedroom. Posters of flowers hung on the wall. One the bed was orange bedspread. Orange was Gumi's favorite color. It made her think about happiness. A feeling she treasured more than anything.
Gumi undressed herself and took out her ponytail. She put on a t-shirt to wear while she slept. Without brushing her hair, she laid in bed. She didn't need covers either. Before she knew it, she was asleep.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________