Conventions

Kelly was sleeping peacefully until she was awakened by the usual chaos of the Gallagher home. Sitting up, she yawned and rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Frank" she mumbled as he walked by, the old drunk mumbling a greeting as well.

Standing up, Kelly went to the bathroom, sticking her tongue out at Ian who was too slow, before popping a painkiller for her hangover and leaving for work. On her way out, she waved next door to Kevin and V who were leaving their house.

"Remind me to never drink again" she told them as they walked by her car.

"Haha, never" Veronica laughed before they went to the door of the Gallagher's home.

Kelly drove to the precinct, going upstairs and sitting down at her desk where she ignored everyone there, laying her head on the desk as it pounded.

"I told you not to party too hard" her uncle chuckled as he looked at her.

Kelly just groaned and sat her head up, looking at him annoyed.

"I know and I should have listened but clearly, I'm a bad kid" she joked before getting a text from her dad that the killer from two days ago had just struck again.

Standing up, she went to the break room to make herself some coffee because she knew she would need it for the day she had a feeling they were about to have. Jin gave her a file on one of the victims and she started to look through it. It was horrible what those girls went through in their final moments of life. She had no idea what she would do if someone she knew and loved had to go through this.

"These poor girls" she mumbled making Jay look up at her as she put up the pictures onto the board so they didn't have to wait for when Hank arrived.

Once he did arrive, they started to work on the case knowing they had no time to waste if they wanted to make sure they caught the guy.

"They're calling him the River Walk Killer" Hank said as he stood in front of the board. "Mayor is flipping out on the superintendent who is flipping out on the chief. None of that matters to me" Hank looked at his team. "Two young women are dead and were put through something so horrific" he paused to look at the pictures again and then at Erin and Kelly specifically. "I ain't gonna happen again"

"There's no witnesses" Antonio then said. "Area central searched every crime scene and came up blank on physical evidence. No pods, nothing"

"Detectives from Special Victims Unit in New York are in route right now to help out" Hank informed them.

"They also had two women killed in their city two days apart, and traffic cameras picked up a male, white, 5'10, wearing a hoodie and following both victims, but they couldn't get a clear visual on his face" Kelly explained to everyone from her spot on her desk while Erin was sat in her chair. "Nothing popped for registered sex offenders as well as on DNA yet off of any of the victims"

"Hey, we are not waiting for that. We get proactive. Boots on the ground" everyone started moving when Hank said those words. "I want everyone on the river looking for suspicious behavior. Dress the part"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Guys who's panting into the mic?" Adam asked as he walked along the walk. "You're killing me"

"Bite me Ruzek, I've been running for an hour" Erin said and Kelly laughed as she ran on the other side, not seeming fazed at all.

"I told you to start running with me Erin" she smirked as she kept the pace up.

"Not everyone is good at everything like you" Erin snapped and Kelly just laughed more.

"Alright, everyone check the ramp" Hank said and Kelly stopped, looking like she was taking a break as she looked at the ramp.