11 - ice rink

[ irl + imessage ]

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

• chapter contains: sexual themes •

It's only for a brief moment (page #'s 32 - 28) if you'd like to skip!

Two weeks had since gone by since that night in the study room. Two weeks since Evie last saw Matt, since she last kissed him stupid. Whenever she was around him she felt herself lose control. Whether it was anger and hatred or pure want and desire to rip his clothes off.

However, Aiden still continued to be around a lot more than she expected. She had warned him that she was going to be very involved with her classes lately, school getting harder than she expected.

He understood though.

Instead of being upset or throwing a fit that she couldn't give him much attention or spend time with him, he ended up helping her study. He'd bring her breakfast or dinner depending on the time of the day he visited.

He'd remind her to take a mental break and just relax, to rest her brain. It was little things like that, that made her interested in him. He was genuine, kind, and very caring.

A part of her felt bad that she wasn't giving him the same amount of effort. Thus, she decided it was time to change that, to prove that she did in fact care about him as well.

"Hey Aiden," She asks softly, him letting out a quiet hum in acknowledgment. "When is your next practice?" Evie questions, her finger trailing up and down his clothed chest as she had her head resting against his shoulder.

"We actually have one tomorrow night, do you want to come watch?" He glances down at her, tone giddy as she grins in response.

"Yeah, I'd love to see you in action out there, gotta show my support for my number one y'know?" She teases, causing him to chuckle, the vibrations radiating through his chest.

"Oh really? I'm you're number one?" He raises a brow, moving his body slightly so he could sit up a bit to look at her.

"Something like that." She hums, a glint in her eye as he smirks.

"I like the sound of that." He states lowly, gently pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, both of them looking at one another with a sudden intensity.

Before she knew it, his lips were on hers and for the next few minutes her brain was able to shut off, the only thing on her mind being Aiden and the smell of his cologne.

The only difference though? She didn't sleep with him.

When Friday night finally rolls around Evie makes sure she arrives to Aiden's practice on time. She's got a comfy sweater on, a jacket hanging off her arm just in case she gets cold, and some simple black leggings.

Her along with some other people who enjoy watching the hockey practices are sat in the bleachers. Her eyes scan the ice as she sees Aiden skating around, his jersey on display as he practices against his teammates.

She lifts her phone into the air, recording a few videos as he scores some goals. A bright smile on her face as he glances up to the bleachers, a grin on his face as he sends her a wave.

Evie waves back, her cheeks flushing a pink hue  as some of his teammates turn to see who he's giving his attention to. She can see some of them teasing him, pushing his shoulders or wiggling their fingered gloves at him.