2.Kalyani Meets Abeer

A B E E R

"Abeer Ghar aja jaldi, we have a serious issue to discuss about."

"Okay"

My Maa called me just now asking to return home immediately as there was something important to discuss about.

I had a important meeting but if I don't reach home by now then my mom will definitely bleed my ears with her taunts.

I drove my car to my house. After an hour I reached home.

As soon as I entered the living room my mother dragged me into her room where my dad and maasi were settled.

"Maa what's the matter? And why are all of you so serious? Did something happen?" I asked with seriousness as she had called me so urgently leaving all my work.

"Do you remember about the girl who I met in the mandir few days back?"

She asked me and somehow I knew what was coming for me.

"Maa if you are trying to say the same thing again then you already know my answer."
I spoke ready to leave.

"You say yes to her or else never see me again."

She said making my head snap at her.

"What! Maa, are you thinking straight. What childish behaviour is this? I won't be marrying that girl and even you aren't going anywhere. That's final" I ended with a huff.

"I want that girl to be my bahu else I'm never seeing your face ever again.

Why can't you understand me Abeer? I'm a mother. I want to see my child complete his family. I want to see you happily married before I die.

I want an assurance that after me there is someone who will care for you truly.

I don't trust anyone with you my baby. Please it's your mother's request.

She will keep you happy dear. Please "

My mother was about to join her hands when I pulled them,

"Fine. Do as you wish." With that I left.

I was mad at her for what she did and was about to do but nothing mattered more than her.

It never did and never will.

I knew what I was going to do wasn't of my choice but seeing my mother plead to me wasn't in my ethics.

I sat on my bed deeply thinking about the step that I was going to take.

There was a knock on my door which later revealed Kriti with a hint of mischief in her eyes.

"I heard that my bhai is getting married soon huh.

But do you know the age of you soon to be wife.?"

She asked

Well I was least interested in it.

"No and I'm not interested. You may leave"

With that I threw her out of my room that was when I realized this room won't be mine anymore.

I would have to share it with my would be wife. That felt a little weird.

Come on Abeer you need to focus on work, love is just as stupid as Ekta Kapoor's TV serials.

I opened my laptop to start my work when there was another knock on my door.