3.Not Your Daughter

K A L Y A N I

We both walked inside of our room as I went to settle on my bed lost in my own thoughts.

"Where are your manners Ms. Rane?" A manly voice from behind called me breaking my trance.

"Sorry?" I asked confused.

"You took me to your room to make me stand and for you to sit? Is this how you treat your guests? Did your parents not teach you enough manners?" He spoke again but in an arrogant tone.

This attitude of his did nothing but just fueled my frustration and anger.

"No! They didn't teach me a shit. What will you do huh? Don't forget you are the one who has said yes to the marriage, not me.

And your this arrogancy is just making my thought of rejecting you more powerful." I fired at him in a strict tone.

"Oh really? You think you hold the power to rejrct ME? My one order and your parents would be giving you to me without any yes or no.

Learn to speak respectfully with me because i very well know how to make that pretty mouth call me a god." He spoke with subtle pride and arrogance.

I hated him now.

When i first saw him, my tummies had butterflies; No a Literal Zoo Of Butterflies.  But this attitude of his did not settle with me.

How can he disrespect me in my own house? And what does he thinks? Are my parents so cheap that they will give me away to some dumb person like him.
Absolutely no!

"Keep dreaming Mr. My parents would never do such thing." I challenged him to see fire ignited in his eyes.

He walked closer to me as I turned my neck sideways to ignore him.
But with a swift move he grabbed my jaw, making me look at him, as he drew his face close to mine that our breaths were fanning on each other's face.

"Don't cry in my arms later like a child when your parents abandone you to me for mere amount, sweetheart. It is going to be fun to play with you." He smirked and left me jaw leaving the room.

My heartbeat was insanely beating.

A deep sigh left my mouth as I collected my thought.

It had been 10 minutes since he had left the room and I was still in there.

I didn't know what should I do.

That man had just challenged me on my face in my own house. How was I letting him win.

I ran downstairs only to see my mom picking up the clutery that was on the table.

Everyone had left. I was late.

"Next week is your wedding. We need to go shop for it so take a leave from your college till next two weeks." My mother spoke noticing me

" wh-what?" I stuttered.

"Couldn't you hear me? We have arranged your wedding next week Kalyani." My mother shouted in my ears.