Cruel Mistress

Chapter 54

~~~~~

POV: Pieck

Part 1.

With the war being over it was a nice change of pace. The short time I was on the island, war, then after and got back to Marley, war. Now it's somewhat fine, I don't have to be in titan for which makes me happy. It gets pretty stuffy in my titan form, especially when I'm in there for months, months without a bath. (Y/n) must think that's disgusting.

"That reminds me...I haven't shaved down there yet since I've been back...I'll do it tonight"

I crawled on the floor in the hall, heading to Zeke's office, he asked us to meet him there. Being in titan form, I kinda forget our to walk on two feet, it's comfortable to do this, I'll gain my footing eventually, I always do. I get to the door and I reach up to open it as I did, my hand slipped on the handle. I sigh. I make my way up the wall and then opened the door.

"Good morning Pieck" Colt says as I go back onto the floor.

"Morning..." I reply. I want to go back to bed.

"Didn't get enough sleep?" Reiner questions  as he sipped on some tea.

"You could say that.." I say as I crawled up onto one of the couches and laying there "Thoughts of (Y/n) kept me up...I want to see him again"

"A side effect from prolonged use in titan form due to body fatigue" Zeke says then sips his tea.

Porco then walks into the room "Morning" Colt says to him.

"This is a rare occasion, why are we all meeting in your office Zeke?" Porco asks as he pulls up a chair "And where's the brass?"

"They're not here in this room" Zeke says while setting a cup of tea in front of him. However, his wording meant they're listening to us "Can't we all just meet for some tea?"

"Sure..." Porco replies.

Zeke takes a seat "Now then, the battle at Fort Slava along with other battles during the war made it clear that conventional weapons are advancing fast, they'll soon be stronger then titans. That will be bad on two fronts, we'll loose our value as Marley looses her strength, this threatens the whole Eldian race, and there is all but once solution" Zeke says before standing up and walking over to a glove "Marley must seize the founding titan's power and the resources of Paradis, before that, the world must be reminded of the terrible threat that island poses to us all, every story needs a narrator, the Tybur family will provide one for us"

"They're keeper of the war hammer right?" Colt questions "Commander Magath mentioned it"

"Yeah but the Tyburs have never used the war hammer titan against an enemy state. They're known as the family that drove off King Fritz during the great titan war. They aren't hated like most Eldians, if we speak through the Tyburs the world will hear us out" I say as I laid my head on the cushions.

"As stude as ever Pieck, you're exactly right" Zeke says.

"However" I say as I tried to look up at him "The guardian is already doing that, and the world seems to be listening"

"You may be right, but his words will not get under the skin of those who know what's right" Zeke says "People will listen to the Tyburs over one who has made a mockery of the motherland"

I groan internally as I set my head back down "This has turned into a different kind of war, of who can win people over"

"Very soon a festival will take place here in Liberio" Zeke says s he turns to his window.